New Forum Reputation System

DJE

How about limiting the Karma button to the thread starter. He can decide based on the opinions/comments he has, he can rate the people who posted. This would discourage people that don't get along not to post and at the same time will not allow just anyone to give good or bad rep.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
How about limiting the Karma button to the thread starter. He can decide based on the opinions/comments he has, he can rate the people who posted. This would discourage people that don't get along not to post and at the same time will not allow just anyone to give good or bad rep.
+1 I like this idea... You have a good Karma from me : )

jcarlilesiu

I think you are all missing the point.

The system isn't about "rating" anybody. Nor is ones reputation an indication of how well liked they are.

The system is a method to reward those who make contributions to the site for the benefit of others, or present information in a logical and factual manner while respecting others.

Not to mention the system won't allow somebody to continually give the same member either positive or negative karma over and over.

Lets just give it a try for a bit of time, and see how it works out before we jump to conclusions about what "might" happen before it does. If it doesn't work, we can discontinue its use.

Now rep me for a well thought out response! JK!

DJE

+1 I like this idea... You have a good Karma from me : )
I think you are all missing the point.

The system isn't about "rating" anybody. Nor is ones reputation an indication of how well liked they are.

The system is a method to reward those who make contributions to the site for the benefit of others, or present information in a logical and factual manner while respecting others.

Not to mention the system won't allow somebody to continually give the same member either positive or negative karma over and over.

Lets just give it a try for a bit of time, and see how it works out before we jump to conclusions about what "might" happen before it does. If it doesn't work, we can discontinue its use.

Now rep me for a well thought out response! JK!
Haha...

Jake dont get me wrong I like the idea but I just went into a thread you started called XM Bulbs on 3-6-2011 and selected I disapprove as an example. Please don't take it the wrong way just proving a point. Thats what I mean about limiting it to the thread starter or even just the Mods. Great idea just needs to be tweeked a little IMO. Sorry for disapproving an old thread of yours.:shakehands:

jcarlilesiu

Haha...

Jake dont get me wrong I like the idea but I just went into a thread you started called XM Bulbs on 3-6-2011 and selected I disapprove as an example. Please don't take it the wrong way just proving a point. Thats what I mean about limiting it to the thread starter or even just the Mods. Great idea just needs to be tweeked a little IMO. Sorry for disapproving an old thread of yours.:shakehands:
Yup, you did neg me.

I would assume that you would give me negative reputation if the post was disrespectful, hypocritical, etc.

That is the point.

As far as somebody giving negative feedback just to hurt the other person, they can only do it once and then the system makes them wait.

So its not like somebody is going to ruin an overall positive reputation just for to attack the other person.

Eitherway, I lost a couple of reputation points because you negged me. Not a big deal, I am sure I will get far more positive ones than negative and it won't matter.

Thats the point I was trying to make.

SkullV

Does the amount of reputation points someone else has have a bearing on how much they raise or lower your reputation? It doesn't really matter, but I just got a positive reputation thing today but it was worth 0 points. Just kind of curious as to how the thing works.

ColorMeCorals

Plus 1 Too many people that just like to bash and play games without cause.
Reminds me of E-bay when I ended up with a negative for shipping cost when everything was shipped for free. They must have recieved a lot of complaints and fixed it so you can't leave a negative when you ship for free now.

I agree. There's just some people that are out for trouble.

Heidi

So what do you all really think about this system?

it must not be working, my rep has yet to change!
:a17:
Mine has, I got one comment on a thread where I complimented a fellow reefer and I got negative reputation points that said "Don't feed the troll" ....WTH is that supposed to mean? I can be a caddy girl so I am thinking it was someone with beef towards the person complimented, who lashed out at me for saying something nice to her... ???? I am SURE this is not the point of the New system. On 3reef the good feedback left has a name attached to it. If people don't have the courage to make a nasty comment to my face (in a pm or whatever) they shouldn't be allowed to do it anonymously by hurting my "reputation".

Heidi

jcarlilesiu

Mike, is there a way to put the notification of reputation received on.

I don't think many people are using the system because most people don't even realize if they have received any positive reputation yet.

Everybody, you can see your received reputations by click "USER CP" at the top.

Does anybody have two bars yet?