New Here... And Just Started Up My First "Real" Reef Build

Broadfield

My name is Toby and I'm from Normal, IL. I bought one of the new Red Sea Reefer 450's a couple of months back and it's starting to take shape. I have had a couple of AIO nano's in the past, but this is my first external sump setup... loving it!

Broadfield

Well, my wife decided to let me turn the dining room into a reef viewing room. I'll get some pics up soon.

Last edited:

edin0009

welcome Toby very nice tank, do you have some pictures from front of the tank would love to see the rock work :)

Broadfield

Sump area:

Chiller area converted to house all of the electrical items... Apex Energy Bars, power supplies, Apex controllers etc:

madjoe

Premium member
Sump area:

Chiller area converted to house all of the electrical items... Apex Energy Bars, power supplies, Apex controllers etc:

Daym dude thats flippen sweet and i havent even gotten to the pics of the tank yet just the sump and electrical . Does your tank have its own ipad hell i dont even have my own ipad lol

Broadfield

The view coming down my stairs. I had some leathers etc from my previous nano that I transferred over and I just picked up some frags from an AquaSD live sale.

Last edited:

Broadfield

Some of the frags I picked up...

IMG_4536 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4523 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4520 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4533 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4395 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4635 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4610 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4615 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4617 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr