New Here... And Just Started Up My First "Real" Reef Build

Broadfield

The amount of detail is crazy! You pulled off the face plates of the pm2 and 1 link so they'd be oriented the same way as the base station!? Amazing
Yes, I removed the top halves of those two modules and then modified them so they could go back on upside down. I really appreciate you noticing the little details. My original plan was to simply remove the sticker and flip it.... but I quickly realized that wasn't happening lol.

Last edited:

Rcunning8

Premium member
This tank is seriously the dopest thing man! Where did u get your awesome pvc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
Looks awsome i just set my tank up and inspired by how clean your wiring was i tried but failed i still cand fifure out how u made the wires disappear theres just to many them lol. Was going good but the wires just kept coming and i ran out of places to hide em. Lol this whole set up is a work of art great job featured reef for sure blows rest out of water besides its time for a new featured reef since last guy isnt even on here and really never was must of been a political thing lmfao

Broadfield

This tank is seriously the dopest thing man! Where did u get your awesome pvc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- The colored piping is from BRS.
- Colored fittings are from Aquarium Speciality and Amazon.
- I get all of my schedule 80(gate valves, ball valves and adapters) from PVCfittingsonline.com.

Mjl714

This is a more current FTS from about 3 months ago. I removed about 20% of the rock for a more minimalistic look. I also removed the black film from the back wall. I feel like it gives the appearance of more depth... kind of like you are looking out past a coral reef in the ocean and looking into the abyss. I about forgot to mention that I changed out the lighting for a Giesemann Aurora T5/LED hybrid.

IMG_4278 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr
How are you liking the light change?