New rules

EyeReef

Hey CRers..
Some new implemented rules...
1. Need at least 25 post to sell. This will help cut down on the craiglister drivebys
2. A max of four "for sale" post per month. 6 sales per month for supporters without wholesale access, and sponsors are unlimited.
Thanks and Happy Reefing.

Selling on this site is and always will be a secondary benefit of being a member and these new rules were created to curtail those whose think selling is the primary purpose of the site. There is nothing stopping someone from selling 20 corals in a single thread and doing it 4 or 6 times a month. What we don't want is someone creating 20 individual FS threads and clogging up the forum, hence the entire point of limiting the amount of FS threads. If you already reached your 4 or 6 and have more stuff to sell, then simply edit your existing FS threads and add the new stuff to one of them. We are not trying to limit how many things you sell, just simply trying to keep the number of FS threads at a minimum.

Smitty

Premium member
Eric and I will be enforcing this. I literally read every post and thread and check new members.

Cubbies

Thanks Mike. Should help. It would've been nice to put a time as well though. Either way if you don't think it's necessary it's all good. Thanks again!

Smitty

Premium member
25 posts may not seem like a lot to us, but to people who literally sign up just to post "for sale", and have no intentions of being a part of the community, it'll take a lifetime. And yes, they have to be meaningful, spam free posts. I read all posts, especially for sale, getting out, and downsizing threads. Mike, Eric and I are starting somewhere, with these new rules, to help eliminate these threads and keep our members happy and safe. :)

EyeReef

BTW, the software is setup so that people with under 25 posts can not start a thread in the marketplace.
And for those who are unable to post and have met the criteria, I apologize. It will take time to "promote" all eligible members.

tinman

sounds good ..
also another nice rule would be moderation of what posted on the sale thread.. can there be a way to delete unnecessary and unrelated posts that we are seeing these days ?

also just for clarification . is it 4 for sale posts a month or 4 for sale threads a month ?

jayjigga

sounds good ..
also another nice rule would be moderation of what posted on the sale thread.. can there be a way to delete unnecessary and unrelated posts that we are seeing these days ?

also just for clarification . is it 4 for sale posts a month or 4 for sale threads a month ?
I'll disagree with the addition of that rule because a lot of the playful banter gives this site that "community" feel. Plus over-moderation can kiss ma a$$. If you don't want it on your thread, say so. If someone doesn't respect your wishes, take it up with a mod.

I think it's threads, not posts, but Mike will have to clarify.

FishBeard

I agree, moderation as far as rules being broken is one thing, but to delete friendly ribbing between buddies seems overboard. I say allow the seller to moderate their threads thru the use of the report button to tell mods what they find unacceptable in their sale threads.

I agree, moderation as far as rules being broken is one thing, but to delete friendly ribbing between buddies seems overboard. I say allow the seller to moderate their threads thru the use of the report button to tell mods what they find unacceptable in their sale threads.
Yeah, that's what I like about this site. You can really get a sens e of someone's personality here. Without even meeting someone, you can get to know your local reefers. On RC, it's like everyone is robots. No one has any personality and everyone is scared to say something to upset the balance of the reef, getting an infraction, banned or disturb politics.

I also think the mods know who's posts to delete so I have faith that they will do what needs to be done.

Emisis

How about maybe a picture requirement of some sort? There is no one that can tell me that in this day and age you cant at least supply even a phone picture. FFS there are all sorts of ways to post pictures in threads and people willing to do it for you if you cant seem to follow the guides to figure it out.