New rules

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I agree, moderation as far as rules being broken is one thing, but to delete friendly ribbing between buddies seems overboard. I say allow the seller to moderate their threads thru the use of the report button to tell mods what they find unacceptable in their sale threads.
Yep, I won't be deleting banter. If you don't want banter in your own FS threads then report the posts and a mod will clean up your thread for you.

RedDevil.258

^Max participation in the community and not a place strictly for selling items.

I see the thought process but if your not intretsted in buying the items what difference does it make. I thought that's why we put up the buyer/seller rating. To weed out the undesirables and make an informed decision.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
In the past it was not an issue. But we don't want CR turning into a craigs list with too many FS threads. This is just an attempt to keep it in check a little bit.

Smitty

Premium member
+1 Isaac and Eric. It was getting out of hand and slowly changing the focal point of the forum.

catalano

Finally. It will give people more time to look over the website so there not posting in the wrong threads. Like wtb in fs threads. This website gets better and better everyday :)

Smitty

Premium member
Hello chicagoreefers, Just wanted everyone to take notice of the updated new rules. Thanks.

Smitty

Premium member
25 posts to be able to sell...4 for sale threads for members, 6 for sale threads for supporters with no wholesale access, and unlimited threads for sponsors.

gonebad395

Not that I'm going to sell six things at a time but for paying 20 bucks for basically nothing why limit your supporters?

Smitty

Premium member
Not that I'm going to sell six things at a time but for paying 20 bucks for basically nothing why limit your supporters?
Because, unfortunately we have members come on the site to do nothing but sell items as though this is craigslist, with no other participation. We've implemented these rules so that our sponsors feel protected somewhat. They are paying much much more than what we supporters pay. Therefore, to be fair, supporters can't post as much as they want like a sponsor, and non supporters can't post as much as supporters.

gonebad395

So that your sponsors feel protected? What about the vast majority that paid this website their 20 bucks granted its not sponsor fees but its still hard earned money for basically a hidden reef chat area nothing is done here for the supporters a mp10 contest the first in how many months? Then we get told our posts arelimited to protect the sponsors. Here let me set my teeth on the ground so you don't bruise my face as you kick them in. **** we we sell stuff on here we get told all the time put a price on the item but as the forums are bombarded by sponsors with 20 picture posts with no prices that's cool is that.a sponsor thing also? This just seems like the people that pay money for a little extra are just being hosed to give 20 bucks for jack s hit.

yogoshio

Just curious, but I was selling like 30 things on two different threads when I broke my tank down, did I do something wrong? We can sell unlimited on a single thread but we can't post 6 different ones?

That seems kind of silly considering how simple it is to bypass it.

Saledo

First they came for the spammers,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a spammer.

Then they came for the non-sponsors,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a non-sponsor.

Then they came for the sponsoring members,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a sponsoring members.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak for me.

Jep21

Dude its only $20 a year not $20 a month chill.. Whats the problem.. I thnk if u wanna have more FS threads then pay more.. $20 a year is nothing.. Stop freaking out