New rules

Smitty

Premium member
So that your sponsors feel protected? What about the vast majority that paid this website their 20 bucks granted its not sponsor fees but its still hard earned money for basically a hidden reef chat area nothing is done here for the supporters a mp10 contest the first in how many months? Then we get told our posts arelimited to protect the sponsors. Here let me set my teeth on the ground so you don't bruise my face as you kick them in. **** we we sell stuff on here we get told all the time put a price on the item but as the forums are bombarded by sponsors with 20 picture posts with no prices that's cool is that.a sponsor thing also? This just seems like the people that pay money for a little extra are just being hosed to give 20 bucks for jack s hit.
You're taking this the wrong way Keith...these rules aren't/weren't designed for you in particular, and the more you read into it negatively, the more it may upset you. But we felt we had to implement a set of rules, not to segregate everyone on the site, but to start off with some sort of standard. Cr just like any other site, any other organization, or group of people must have rules in order, so that any and everyone coming thru can't just do whatever they want to. So we must start somewhere in order to have order on the site. I'm sorry to hear that feel like you're paying supporter fee's for nothing, but it actually helps the site to grow, in ways you may not see. I'm sure Mike appreciates it. But as an officer, I don't like unfairness, and it was unfair for everyone to sell as they please, even though there are businesses who pay a lil more to be able to broadcast their business and sell as they please on the site.

Smitty

Premium member
Just curious, but I was selling like 30 things on two different threads when I broke my tank down, did I do something wrong? We can sell unlimited on a single thread but we can't post 6 different ones?

That seems kind of silly considering how simple it is to bypass it.
Hahaha...no sir, you didn't do anything wrong. :)

Saledo

You're taking this the wrong way Keith...these rules aren't/weren't designed for you in particular, and the more you read into it negatively, the more it may upset you. But we felt we had to implement a set of rules, not to segregate everyone on the site, but to start off with some sort of standard. Cr just like any other site, any other organization, or group of people must have rules in order, so that any and everyone coming thru can't just do whatever they want to. So we must start somewhere in order to have order on the site. I'm sorry to hear that feel like you're paying supporter fee's for nothing, but it actually helps the site to grow, in ways you may not see. I'm sure Mike appreciates it. But as an officer, I don't like unfairness, and it was unfair for everyone to sell as they please, even though there are businesses who pay a lil more to be able to broadcast their business and sell as they please on the site.
The businesses get much more benefit from the direct links to their site which is worth far more than anything they are selling directly here on the forums as it allows them to rank higher in Google for search traffic. That is the benefit they should be looking at, not the fact they can list for sale threads. And lets face it most of the vendors are a pain in the *** when they post in the threads, they dont include price, they dont include names, they dont include direct links to the livestock, they make you go to their site and search all over for it, even if it may have already been sold but since you dont have a direct link you dont know and they dont update

You want to add some value, enforce the rules that they include the above in what they post on their threads.

Smitty

Premium member
These rules aren't set in stone, and they aren't really directed towards active members, but again, something has to be in place to enforce when anybody on the world wide web decides to come and take advantage of good people here. The people who the rules are directed towards will never even read this thread.

Saledo

These rules aren't set in stone, and they aren't really directed towards active members, but again, something has to be in place to enforce when anybody on the world wide web decides to come and take advantage of good people here. The people who the rules are directed towards will never even read this thread.

Yes protect us for our own good. Your definitely good at PR :)

Jep21

It the principal jeppun what do u get for your 20 dollars bud?
Dude seriously,

Raffles/giveaways
Cr t-shirt
A refractometer
Deluxe bars go/carbon reactor
half gallon BRS GFO Ferric oxide
A mp10
Probably more to come

Also get:
1000 vs 200
No ads
Cool badge

And u get HR

I thnk u get more the $20 worth for joining already with all the benefits

Jep21

The businesses get much more benefit from the direct links to their site which is worth far more than anything they are selling directly here on the forums as it allows them to rank higher in Google for search traffic. That is the benefit they should be looking at, not the fact they can list for sale threads. And lets face it most of the vendors are a pain in the *** when they post in the threads, they dont include price, they dont include names, they dont include direct links to the livestock, they make you go to their site and search all over for it, even if it may have already been sold but since you dont have a direct link you dont know and they dont update

You want to add some value, enforce the rules that they include the above in what they post on their threads.
Dude that's why there's pm's if got a question a bout a product or u can even post on the thread it's not hard dude

Smitty

Premium member

I agree with you bro, and the team and I try to stay on top of these things. The site isn't perfect, and is still young and growing. Give us some time, we'll get it right eventually. But we gotta start somewhere. :)

Saledo

Dude that's why there's pm's if got a question a bout a product or u can even post on the thread it's not hard dude
lol yeah never streamline for the customer online, that is a great way to keep sales up. You definitely dont work online

gonebad395

Lol take advantage of the good pepole here lmao you don't enforce that look at the insane rip off Fromm a lot of the sponsors on their pricing, the photoshoping of their items. Protect us? Lol police them not us we are selling 5 dollar frags.as 5 dollar frags not 5 dollar frags for 100 dollars.

Smitty

Premium member
Lol take advantage of the good pepole here lmao you don't enforce that look at the insane rip off Fromm a lot of the sponsors on their pricing, the photoshoping of their items. Protect us? Lol police them not us we are selling 5 dollar frags.as 5 dollar frags not 5 dollar frags for 100 dollars.
:) Well bro, all I can do is suggest that you don't buy them. I can't make Comcast or AT&T not overcharge you. Same thing applies here.

Saledo

:) Well bro, all I can do is suggest that you don't buy them. I can't make Comcast or AT&T not overcharge you. Same thing applies here.
Thats a dangerous line there... I was with you up until that.... so its ok for sponsors to screw over members as long as they pay your fee?

Jep21

lol yeah never streamline for the customer online, that is a great way to keep sales up. You definitely dont work online
Dude we only get several of our sponsors that don't do that we got what coralcompulsion that streamlines stuff to us even way b4 it's up in his website and he lets us knw the prices, and If I can remember correctly WCR does also..

And ur right I don't work online.. Never said did