• Total voters

Cub21rak

NWIMAC Frag Fest 2014
September 21st at Woodland Park in Portage, IN

2100 Willowcreek Rd. Portage, IN 46368

Time:
Starts at 12:00pm (Noon) / Ends at 5:00pm

Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/2100+Willowcreek+Rd,+Portage,+IN+46368/@41.5914811,-87.1863937,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8811bfb40f29520b:0xee0677118b234b05

Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1467458900134585/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Cost:
Full NWIMAC members FREE entry
All others attendees $5
Children 12 and under FREE

Vendor Tables:
Reef City Aquatics
Devine Aquatic Supply
Jim's Reef
Mt Reefs
Midwest Coral Connection
Exotic Aquatics
Ideal Aquatics
Poseidon's Palace
Aznnutty's Saltwater Connections
Labos Aquatics
Aquascape Chicago
Insane Corals
Captains corals
Tball Inc
Coral Compulsion

Hobbiest Tables:
Bigkev23
Reefrider
Scott Lockwood

Raffle items:
(the items will be updated on what to expect closer to the swap along with pictures)
Frag from BigKev23
Frag from Db9181
Frag from Rich130981

The menu:
(Subject to change by vendors discretion)
Beef Sandwiches
Hot Dogs
Popcorn
Chips
Nachos & Cheese
Candy Bars
Cold Canned Pop
Bottled Water

Last edited by a moderator:

Cub21rak

Thanks Chris. I'm really hoping ill be a start to something that'll happen for many more years. I hope that many aren't afraid to come visit Japan. And it's nice cause its somewhat centralized where we could even get some from Michigan, eastern indiana, and southern indiana. Once we get reserved and vendors lined up we'll get flyers to pass around. It'll be the first event for us so it'll be a learning prices but we've gotten many who've offered help and advice.

SkullV

If it's in NWI I'll be there. I don't know what locations you're looking at but I have a few connections to larger venues in NWI.

Cub21rak

Hey all! A poll has posted to get a general idea of those from cr that would be interested in going.
Also if anyone would like to help in any way or have resources that would make this go smooth lmk!
Thanks
Ryan

SkullV

Hey all! A poll has posted to get a general idea of those from cr that would be interested in going.
Also if anyone would like to help in any way or have resources that would make this go smooth lmk!
Thanks
Ryan
Ryan, just contacted my friend at Marriott Corporate Sales. He said he'll get back to me within the week.

Cub21rak

The location we are leaning towards is in portage less then 5 minutes from the expressway. And we're thinking end of September.

Cub21rak

That exit is about 20 minutes from state line.

Man RC does not play! Our club has its own dedicate forum on RC so I post info about our meetings from time to time there. Yesterday I posted the same info about swap in the works in our forum section. Then in cmas I posted that a frag swap is being planned for nwi then posted the link on rc where I put the info. It got changed, the info in our dedicated section got changed, then I got an infraction. Wow!

Funlad3

If this is in September, I won't be able to be there; I'll be somewhere on the East Coast studying Ornamental Marine Aquaculture, by then! As long as it's before the end of August, I'm in. :D

jm23

Yeah, that is why I think you will find more people on here and R2R then RC, they are just too strict and petty. I don't see why you can't share links about other info found on other sites. Anyway I would be in for a frag swap and might even set up a little booth depending on costs (as I won't have that much to offer, but would love to help make it a success. Let me know about those details when you find out.

That exit is about 20 minutes from state line.

Man RC does not play! Our club has its own dedicate forum on RC so I post info about our meetings from time to time there. Yesterday I posted the same info about swap in the works in our forum section. Then in cmas I posted that a frag swap is being planned for nwi then posted the link on rc where I put the info. It got changed, the info in our dedicated section got changed, then I got an infraction. Wow!

Cub21rak

There's not many votes from a community of many here. Would really like feedback, opinions, and votes!
I'm wondering if its because I don't have a date but ill will post that once we have the hall rented. Most likely it will be September 21st.

Cub21rak

It's official. We have a date and a hall reserved!!!
September 21st. Woodland park in portage Indiana.