Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Depending on day and my plans, ill try to make it

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Thanks, but sorry I won't be able to make it

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

Cub21rak

Thanks guys for the support!
For anyone who has Facebook please go to the event page I setup. Here you can also respond that you'll be attending and see any information I may have forgotten to post here. Also if you would, share the event page with any friends and family to help spread the word more. And don't forget to like our Facebook page too.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1467458900134585/

Gary

uh just under two months. You made me think this was going to happen when MACNA was going on. lol

Cub21rak

Lol well august 21 makes it 1 month away and that sounded good at the time lol
Yea your right just under 2 months to go

Cub21rak

Something exciting! [MENTION=2786]carmelpi[/MENTION] just got back from upgrading our hall for the swap! We will not be adding more vendors. We decided to upgrade because we're expecting more people than we had even hoped and we'd like everyone to have a little extra elbow room.
At first I was hoping for 100-125 attending but now from all the feedback and all the places I've got the info I'm really thinking 200 or more is very well possible.
With that said, we will have bags we are handing out with pens and notepads and we are trying to line up more for the bags, but those will go to the first 200 paid attendees.

Cub21rak

I don't think that I mentioned this but our swap is registered on fragswapper. You can go there and post items you have for sale or trade and also post what you're looking for. Doing this, you might have trades or a sale already lined up for when you get to the swap.
Here's the link to our swap
http://www.fragswapper.com/home.asp

lunacris

good stuff , this is coming quick sounds like a good time . good idea on hall upgrade bunch of people in small space gets cray cray ! good lookin out and planning bud

Cub21rak

good stuff , this is coming quick sounds like a good time . good idea on hall upgrade bunch of people in small space gets cray cray ! good lookin out and planning bud

Thanks Chris I really was thinking we were going to be around 100 and be excited if we hit 125. I've been getting such a strong response and have still been getting requests for table space. My first thought on hall size was if we have 100-125 then a small room will make it feel like a good size crowd and the larger hall might give it the feeling of not as much of a showing. But now the larger hall is the best way to go. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'll have my club shirt on and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. But don't hesitate to stop me and say hi. I will also want as much feed bak as you'd like to offer. I plan to have a print out with some questions that you could fill out if you're up to it. Or you can message me with your thoughts of the event.

Cub21rak

Hey all
Just wanted to give everyone a little update.
First, unfortunately due to a family obligation Beefs Reef will not be able to join us for the swap.
But in his place we have confirmed with [MENTION=1029]CoralCompulsion[/MENTION] to take that place.
We also have final confirmation on the food vendor for the swap.
The menu is as follows
Beef Sandwiches
Hot Dogs
Popcorn
Chips
Nachos & Cheese
Candy Bars
Cold Canned Pop
Bottled Water
(Subject to change by vendors discretion)

Our picture that kids will be able to draw on has been finished and it looks really cool! Here's a little sneak preview!

Cub21rak

Nwimac needs your help! We picked up the flyers today and have soooooo many to get posted up. If you'd like to help us by asking stores to post the swap flyer please let me know. I'm not in Illinois much so if you'd help hit up the lfs in Illinois to ask if they would display the flyer it would be a big help!

Cub21rak

We'd like to thank Central Aquatics for the amazing donation. They have donated 4 marine starter kits, 4 reef starter kits, 2 small circulation pumps, 2 medium circulation pumps, and 2 large circulation pumps.
Be sure to visit them at www.central-aquatics.com

Also a big thanks goes to the United Per Group for the donation of a Marineland 48"-60" reef capable led light with built in timers.
http://www.marineland.com/Products/aquarium-lighting/LED-Aquarium-Lighting/reef-led-aquarium-lighting-system.aspx

The United Pet Group Aquatics brands—Tetra, TetraPond, Tetrafauna, Marineland and Instant Ocean—are dedicated to promoting good will and providing knowledge, inspiration and products to further the awareness and enjoyment of the fish and reptile-keeping hobby. In the course of donating products to a club, community, educational institution or health organization for the purpose of conducting a raffle, sweepstakes, trivia contest, silent auction, door prize or any type of giveaway, UPG Aquatics is not administering the contest in any way and is not responsible for the rules, regulations, legality, execution or outcome of that event.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Updated first post with location/address, time, map link, facebook event link, etc.

Updated Vendor/Hobbiest list to come soon.

Cub21rak

Thanks josh
Here's the list of vendors we will have
Just a heads up, unfortunately Premium Aquatics had let me know they won't be able to join us for the swap but we were able to fill the spot they had.

RCA
Devine Aquatic Supply
Jim's Reef
Mt Reefs
Midwest Coral Connection
Exotic Aquatics
Ideal Aquatics
Poseidon's Palace
Aznnutty's Saltwater Connections
Labos Aquatics
Aquascape Chicago
Insane Corals