• Yes I'm totally there!

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Depending on day and my plans, ill try to make it

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Thanks, but sorry I won't be able to make it

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

Cub21rak

Today we announce another vendor who happens to be a NWIMAC sponsor. His name is Shannon Ridgeway who owns and runs Poseidons Palace. Shannon started as a reefer and his love grew into having his own business. He has many friends in the community like the people at ATM of the show tanked and Mr Saltwater Tank and many others. Shannon has a very well known love for sps so you sps loves be sure to see what Shannon has.

And here are a few examples of what he's been known to have.

SkullV

Nice! Getting more and more excited to see some of these vendors that never make it up to the the not-so-Chicagoland swaps.

Cub21rak

This is fun. I'm having fun putting it together and also having fun sharing it with everyone to keep y'all updated as I get new things to announce.

Cub21rak

Another day and another announcement.
Yesterday I had gotten confirmation that Beefs Reef will be attending our swap.
I've personally never gotten from Beefy but I've heard some great things. Really looking forward to having him join us.

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up that there is a very big show down in South Carolina on September 20th and most of the major vendors do that show every year. So it may be tough to get some of the big names back up to Indiana the next day. I know, I for sure would love to do a NWI show, but would not be able to as we will be down in SC. Just thought I would throw that out there, as I just found out about this show.
Bummer ...

Cub21rak

No worries :) we've got a good group confirmed and more to get confirmation from. It'll be a great time with some awesome new stuff to take home :encouragement:

Cub21rak

Now I have a second confirmed vendor for our swap.
Jimmy from Exotic Aquatics in Highland, Indiana.
Jimmy's dad, Kurt, started the business many years ago in Hammond and moved it to its current location in Highland.
Jimmy is very knowledgable and a very kind helpful person. They are well known for the quality of fish they bring in and the care they give to the fish to ensure you go home with a healthy happy fish.
You can visit there Facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Exotic-Aquatics/491665677585771?rf=169765806371151

Cub21rak

It's been a while but I hope to have some new vendor and hobbiest announcements soon.
Also with our swap planning one thing we are doing is contacting hotels to see if discounted rates can be had for those wanting to stay 1-2 nights that weekend. If your interested in staying in Portage the weekend of the swap please email us at nwimac@gmail.com

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
There's a landmark I know, this is not far at all! I'll be there. Hopefully I'll have my tank cycled by then ;)

Cub21rak

A few new announcements
We had recently received a hobbiest reserve a place at our swap.
He is located in Indianapolis and goes by the user name reefrider.
He specializes mainly in SPS Frags. But he does have some LPS frags as well. Green Slimers, Staghorn Acroporas, Elkhorn Montiporas, Digitata and Enrusting Montiporas to name some of what he has.

We also have a vendor who reserved with us. He visits as many swaps as he can. Aznnutty's Saltwater Connections. He specializes in a little bit of everything. Please enjoy some pictures he has shared with us of his stock.

Cub21rak

We have also had a hobbiest confirm his spot with us for the swap. Scott Lockwood will be joining us. He will have a mix of stuff. He had a spot at the INDMAS swap and at the Indmas swap He had Zoas, palys, chalice, frogspawn, torch, Duncan's, monti's, scroll, and a few acros just to name a few. We will update pics soon. If your interested in further details of his stuff please get in touch with him via facebook to see if he'll hold items for you.

Cub21rak

Today We've gotten confirmation from an awesome company and a great sponsor of NWIMAC.
Premium Aquatics will be joining us for our swap!

Cub21rak

Some new news

Here is a list of the vendors lined up. All table space is accounted for.

Reef City Aquatics
Poseidon's Palace
Beefs Reef
Exotic Aquatics
Aznnutty's Saltwater Connection
Midwest Coral Connection
Jim's Reefs
Premium Aquatics
Ideal Aquatics
LaBo's Aquatics
Captain's Corals
Insane Coral
Aquascape Chicago
Tball inc

Hobbyists
Bigkev23
Reefrider
Scott Lockwood

We are also working on getting bags to be given at the door to all paid guests. We will be getting pens to put in this bag. We also will have notepads in each bag which have been ordered.
Here is how the notepad will look.

Alkalinity is spelt wrong and will be correct on the notepad.

We are working on lining up more items to put in these bags.
If you're a vendor and would like to give cards advertising a discount which we can put into these bags, please get in touch with me.

We also will be having a raffle table. We have collected a couple donations for this and we've also asked that each vendor/hobbyist donate an item of their choosing that we can use on the raffle table.
Raffle tickets will be sold for $1 each or 30 tickets for $25.

There will also be a child coloring table setup. After they are finished coloring they can hand their picture in at our Nwimac table for a chance to win a stuffed animal. We will randomly draw 4 pictures as winners. There will be no criteria on choosing a winner, it will be random.

At Nwimac's table we will have some merch available to sell.
We have hats for $15

shirts $20
Front logo

Back logo

bumper stickers $7

and car window decals $9

We will also be able to talk with you about the club and how you can sign up. Club memberships can be sold on site for $10.

Cub21rak

Thanks Chris. I'm really hoping for a strong turnout and hope that everyone enjoys it to the point that it can continue every year.