Places to buy fish

Darienreefs7

Hey everyone, looking for some input on where everyone is getting their fish from. After my fish were plagued by velvet I’m going to start a strict QT regime but I want to buy healthy fish to start with. Looking for places near me in Darien or good online vendors. The only place I trust is Reefwise but just looking to see if there are any other places that have a solid fish selection. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captan42

Another vote for Blueline, if you are looking for something in particular he can order it for you as well. Top notch customer service.

ninjamyst

Premium member
Bought 3 firefish from Blue Line Coral over the weekend during their anniversary sale. All 3 are dead after 3 days. I put them in my nano tank for observation. Ate food just fine but very skittish. Then came home yesterday to find one is dead. Tonight, the other 2 dead.

Mjl714

Ouch, that’s a bummer.

Bought 3 firefish from Blue Line Coral over the weekend during their anniversary sale. All 3 are dead after 3 days. I put them in my nano tank for observation. Ate food just fine but very skittish. Then came home yesterday to find one is dead. Tonight, the other 2 dead.

Darienreefs7

Looks like I need to check out blue line. Any online vendors good or are they all pretty much hit or miss?

Unico

mmm sorry to hear that man!I never lost a fish from blc..yet..bought 3 fish on Saturday 2 clowns and basslet they still eating and looking good in the quarantine tank...

dvanlier05

Only online I have used was NY Aquatics for my purple tang. They do a special and I read mixed reviews. Mine came perfectly healthy and eating everything. Outgrew the tank and now lives with Wojtek

Blue Line Coral

Premium Sponsor
Why didn't you reach out to us regarding these fish? Firefish can actually be somewhat sensitive when moving / acclimating to a new tank. PM Coming.

Thank you all for the kind words / support. Yes, we try our best to bring in quality fish and get them eating asap. We are working to expand our fish systems so that we can carry a larger selection. But if you are looking for something specific, just shoot us a message and we'll likely be able to get it in for you (Facebook PM works best).

carpetreef75

Premium member
Underwater in Bensenville and Cisco gives some killer prices , gunna try to get up there tomorrow if there open to grab a trigger and an eel
Bryan

Darienreefs7

Checked out Blue Line earlier today. Very impressed with the fish quality and coral selection. I’ll definitely be picking up quite a few fish when my new build is finished.

Blue Line Coral

Premium Sponsor
Checked out Blue Line earlier today. Very impressed with the fish quality and coral selection. I’ll definitely be picking up quite a few fish when my new build is finished.

Thanks for stopping in!

We're running low, especially on fish - Just trying to clear out 2018 and then we'll stock back up. We also will be starting to put on the new/second fish system very soon! If you/anyone is looking for something particular, please shoot us a message (Facebook is best) and we'll get it in for you :)