Poison Dart Frogs - my build and general info

jrpark22000

Premium member
Well josh i got two new toys to play with today was suposse to sell em for a friend but im just gonna buy them my self lol. One will be a frog tank think they r about 30 one is drilled on bottom that one will work perfect for my idea has canister filter i will set up a pond and waterfall use the canister filter to run it
Has anyone ever told you , you have a problem? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I think we all need AA.

madjoe

Premium member
I never posted pics of the build for this vivarium. It was a large box of virgin cork bark I pieced together with great stuff foam to resemble a midsection of a tree trunk. From mid june;

View attachment 19041

View attachment 19042
So to attach the bark all u used was great stuff pond ? Im gona try pick some up this weekend and put it on the sides of my water fall. U didnt have to cover the foam with anything either right

jrpark22000

Premium member
So to attach the bark all u used was great stuff pond ? Im gona try pick some up this weekend and put it on the sides of my water fall. U didnt have to cover the foam with anything either right
Yes. It took several applications at different angles and the entire back of the "trunk" is foam filled. All of the foam is covered by ground cover or can only be seen from behind the tank.

madjoe

Premium member
Yes. It took several applications at different angles and the entire back of the "trunk" is foam filled. All of the foam is covered by ground cover or can only be seen from behind the tank.
Cool i wanna get some moss and bromeliads too and suggestions on lighting most of what ive been looking at says low light/shade right now tank has a small t8 plant bulb

jrpark22000

Premium member
Cool i wanna get some moss and bromeliads too and suggestions on lighting most of what ive been looking at says low light/shade right now tank has a small t8 plant bulb
I use HOT5 4'. I use 4 bulbs for a 4'x2" area and everything grows like weeds. Most tropicals are subcanopy species and don't get full tree top lighting like our reefs would be use to.

madjoe

Premium member
I use HOT5 4'. I use 4 bulbs for a 4'x2" area and everything grows like weeds. Most tropicals are subcanopy species and don't get full tree top lighting like our reefs would be use to.
Yea cant get t5 this small lol might have to get a led grow light