• Post #39 - Shroom

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

enzo1028

Premium member
Find out if enzo's is ready to frag. He got a lot of my old collection

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I could make a small frag but mine does not look nearly that nice. For some reason I cannot get the polyps to come out at all, it's growing, just no polyps and the color is off.. All of my other acros have been great.

DD

"Rambo"
There's a little over 48 hours left to get your pics in! At noon CST on Wednesday, we're going to lock this thread up so please get your submissions in.

DD

"Rambo"
CR members:

Sorry it's taken a bit longer to get this thread reopened, but we've made a few changes since there were so many great submissions.

CR Staff has worked to make the tough decision of who the top 3 were, and because there were so many great images, we had to settle for top 5.

Rather than starting a whole new post, I've added a poll up top and references specific post numbers along with a name. Please make your selections. The poll will run until 2/5 at 8:00am'ish.

Once we the poll closes and we have a winner, we'll make an announcement here. Good luck everyone, and happy voting!

goat585

Administrator
I like #43 but its not an option.. Why not just include every submission????????
it is a decision we made as Team CR when we decided to bring back the photo of the month was to narrow down the images so make voting easier on members. we also did not want the voting to be in 17 images and all images get 1 vote and the winner gets 2. we will reevaluate this going forward depending on the number of voters we have. if we have good participation we will consider increases the number of images or putting them all up for vote.

madjoe

Premium member
I will see if I can figure out how to make that happen. not sure if it's possible but will look into it.
Thanks they use to do it so there must be a way. Its just much easier to vote when u can compare the pics next to each other

DD

"Rambo"
Thanks they use to do it so there must be a way. Its just much easier to vote when u can compare the pics next to each other
I tried figuring it out, but couldn't do it. I know what you mean though, I just don't know how it was done in the past.

As goat585 mentioned, we're just trying out a few different things, listening to feedback, and then incorporating good ideas offered by the members going forward. As with most things in life, it'll never be perfect where it makes everyone happy, so we need to do our best to make as many people happy as we can, while also keeping the spirit of the competition alive.

Personally what I'd like to see going forward is to have themes each month, but I imagine that would be problematic based on how many participate in each of the competitions. For example we could have an Acro month, and two people submit pics. That kind of defeats the purpose of community and competition. We really want everyone to have a good time with these competitions and be able to participate every month.

The one thing I know for certain is that there doesn't seem to be a way to include pics in the polling feature. I definitely tried that and it didn't work for the images that I was able to get to display.

madjoe

Premium member
I tried figuring it out, but couldn't do it. I know what you mean though, I just don't know how it was done in the past.

As goat585 mentioned, we're just trying out a few different things, listening to feedback, and then incorporating good ideas offered by the members going forward. As with most things in life, it'll never be perfect where it makes everyone happy, so we need to do our best to make as many people happy as we can, while also keeping the spirit of the competition alive.

Personally what I'd like to see going forward is to have themes each month, but I imagine that would be problematic based on how many participate in each of the competitions. For example we could have an Acro month, and two people submit pics. That kind of defeats the purpose of community and competition. We really want everyone to have a good time with these competitions and be able to participate every month.

The one thing I know for certain is that there doesn't seem to be a way to include pics in the polling feature. I definitely tried that and it didn't work for the images that I was able to get to display.
Dang how they do it before i swore they did it that way before. Anyways thanks for trying .

DD

"Rambo"
Dang how they do it before i swore they did it that way before. Anyways thanks for trying .
We'll get it figured out for the next one. I do remember that though. I'm almost positive that images were able to be displayed in the poll. For some reason they just wouldn't display when I tried. It's probably something so simple that it's stupid lol.

madjoe

Premium member
We'll get it figured out for the next one. I do remember that though. I'm almost positive that images were able to be displayed in the poll. For some reason they just wouldn't display when I tried. It's probably something so simple that it's stupid lol.
It always is lol but i suck at computers so nothing is simple . Luckly i have few numbers in my phone with people who know how to walk me through things

danp

I dont know if it helps but I would just ask selected 5 pics owners to send you on your email their pictures, and you post them together with numbers.
Assuming you have contact with them via pms for example, so they know that you guys selected them.

DD

"Rambo"
A day late and a dollar short but we do have a winner! The Starry Blenny in post #9 is the POTM winner!!!

Congrats! We will get the image over into the running POTM winner's thread shortly. I was hoping to hop on here yesterday, but I'm either coming down with the flu, or a sinus infection so I've been wiped out.

View attachment 23686

DD

"Rambo"
Thank you and thanks for putting this together

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You're welcome, and you deserve it! When you first posted it I immediately thought to myself "this one will be hard to beat".

There were a bunch of great pics, so the competition was tough! We're working on getting this month's competition started soon.