Refractometer GROUP BUY!

FishBeard

when are you gonna meet at mcf?
Smith are you anywhere near the Zion area? Jeff of TotalPetsPlus has offered to take meters back with him to distribute to members in that area. You need to let me and Jeff know by early tomorrow am so we can meet up while he is out by me visiting family here.

SkullV

It was mentioned earlier in this thread, but please check your calibration when you get your refractometer home. I have checked 2 now that were supposed to be calibrated and both were at least 3ppt off.

FishBeard

It was mentioned earlier in this thread, but please check your calibration when you get your refractometer home. I have checked 2 now that were supposed to be calibrated and both were at least 3ppt off.
Yep, this is correct, refractometers were inspected and calibrated the day they arrived, and being cold from shipping still, some of them drifted from 35ppt once they warmed up. Most everyone that picked theirs up directly, were shown how to operate and calibrate the meter, so they were re-adjusted to 35ppt at pickup when necessary (only a couple needed to be readjusted). Some of the meters were requested to be left unopened, and needed to be calibrated regardless. AFAIK, none of the meters that were to remain unopened were picked up directly, or those could have been calibrated at pickup.