(RFG) Random Flow Generator loc line nozzles

Mark1313

I have one in my nuvo 10 with a mj900 pump. Don't like powerheads in such a small tank so tried this. Been running about a month and I love it, good flow in the corners, lps & softies, more than enough.
Had micro bubbles from one chamber, it kinda had to break in. Did some pump line adjustments got rid of them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mark1313

Big difference for me. If I get time I'll try and post a video.
I had to buy the adaptor or it would of been over the water line. When I get home I'll see about a pic with my crappy phone.

Mark1313

I've seen em in big ones...it's gimmic that works ok smaller tanks because of size restrictions. For big tanks power heads are necessary.

So it's like wind holes on a car.

I won't agree with gimmick. Just brings an image to MY mind that it's junk and doesn't work as it's supposed to. It does work correctly for me, in a small tank. A decent size pump and I love it. I will totally agree that it's not a replacement for a powerhead in a large tank. Not at all. It would though be a decent addition.
Here's with the adapter and why it's needed for the nuvo 10. Keeps it below the water line.

Mark1313

It won't let me post a video and I don't have youtube account. Maybe I do but clueless on how to use it lol.
Anyway, I have 2 low quality phone videos, that show the flow decently. An orange Froggie in the lower 1/3 of the tank. On the left side away from the return flow. Also a toadstool frag left front of the tank, opposite side of the rfg.
Send me a pm with your number and I'll gladly text em over.

Mark

Coral Man

Premium member
Oh! It’s actually not made to increase gph, it’s to give random flow instead of a solid flow. I’m gunna give them a try and I’ll be sure to leave a review. You can have 4+ power heads in a tank and still have dead spots, as a power head regardless of what’s advertised it’s still more or less a straight shot of flow unless your blasting something to disperse it.

Mark1313

Oh! It’s actually not made to increase gph, it’s to give random flow instead of a solid flow. I’m gunna give them a try and I’ll be sure to leave a review. You can have 4+ power heads in a tank and still have dead spots, as a power head regardless of what’s advertised it’s still more or less a straight shot of flow unless your blasting something to disperse it.
Ya I'm pretty new to this and can't give a great review like some I've read about things and appreciate. I'm terrible at this social stuff.

Review it correctly for me cause I'd totally fail. I'm not even good talking to the dog, she looks at me like I'm an idiot.

madjoe

Premium member
Just by the design of it im gonna say it works better on smaller tanks then bigger tanks . Might be cool for the aio nanos

Coral Man

Premium member
Yea, you’s may be right. It’s going on a 40g cube 24x24x16. I’m going with the 3/4, just ordered them. I get dead spots on the sides of center overflow.

#theMatrix

It won't let me post a video and I don't have youtube account. Maybe I do but clueless on how to use it lol.
Anyway, I have 2 low quality phone videos, that show the flow decently. An orange Froggie in the lower 1/3 of the tank. On the left side away from the return flow. Also a toadstool frag left front of the tank, opposite side of the rfg.
Send me a pm with your number and I'll gladly text em over.

Mark

That's what I said. In a small tank it works great. As i mentioned in a small tank due to size restriction on the tank. For power heads this is a good way to create flow

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
I have these on my 60g and will have them on my 156g. They are certainly not meant to replace power heads in the size tanks I'm using them in; however their purpose in my mind is to spread the return flow in multiple random directions. That it does very well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

sh0tyme83

Would these be better than a spin stream? I just put a spin stream on my red sea max and I'm loving it. I'm about to start a 60 gallon frag tank build so maybe I'll use these.

Cubano32

Premium member
I won't agree with gimmick. Just brings an image to MY mind that it's junk and doesn't work as it's supposed to. It does work correctly for me, in a small tank. A decent size pump and I love it. I will totally agree that it's not a replacement for a powerhead in a large tank. Not at all. It would though be a decent addition.
Here's with the adapter and why it's needed for the nuvo 10. Keeps it below the water line.

What size did you get is that the 1/2 inch I'm thinking about getting one for my 10g biocube..looks like I'm going to prob need the adapter as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk