Sawdonkey’s 210 Build #2

Cubano32

Premium member
Baffles. Nice and neat with masking tape on the silicon. Still a couple more to put in. My sump will be a lot tighter with going to a 40B from a 75. However, I’ll have so much more space under my stand.

Is that black baffle acrylic if so where did you get it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Is that black baffle acrylic if so where did you get it

Yes, black acrylic baffles in a 40B. That previous pic was only half installed. Below is the kit completed.

It is made by fiji cube. They make kits for quite a few sized tanks.

Last edited:

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Me and a buddy just lifted this thing into the stand. Plumbing and making water today. Might do the transfer tomorrow depending on how things go. I’m really loving how much space I have in my stand with this smaller sump.

tinman

wow looking good :)

curious ... i thought silicone wont hold that nice with acrylic baffles ?

Sawdonkey

Premium member

We’ll see. Even if it fails, nothing cares stop hiccuping will happen. Should be ok though. I don’t run much water through my sump and each baffle will have water on both sides supporting it.

Cubano32

Premium member

I have always used silicone for acrylic baffles and never had an issue ...like he said there isn't much water pressure to make a difference on making them shift or move

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Basic rock structure is in place. I’ve begun epoxying this together for a base. Then I’ll epoxy on smaller rocks to create a shape. The second from the left will have an arm that goes up and around/behind the one on the left.

Tank is running with skimmer going and everything. I just hung my old lights up for now. I just received the parts necessary to get my gyre going. Need to organize my electronics and build my electronics cabinet.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Well, I worked some more on my rockscape a couple of nights ago. I did more damage than good by tumbling over one of the piles I spent hours building. Redid things tonight and like how it turned out. I still need to finish epoxying the rocks together to prevent future rock slides. Nothing’s worse than a rockslide destroying your colonies.

I added Carbsea Florida Crushed coral substrate. Should be course enough to stay in place.

Apex arrives in a few days. Never had one before so I’m looking forward to automating a few things.

I ordered Orphek lights that should arrive somewhat soon.

Next, finish my manifold plumbing, then build an electronics cabinet and set up Apex.

By that time, I’ll probably have a child and my wife will make me sell my tank.

Still cloudy from new sand:

GugsJr

TeamCR
Well, I worked some more on my rockscape a couple of nights ago. I did more damage than good by tumbling over one of the piles I spent hours building. Redid things tonight and like how it turned out. I still need to finish epoxying the rocks together to prevent future rock slides. Nothing’s worse than a rockslide destroying your colonies.

I added Carbsea Florida Crushed coral substrate. Should be course enough to stay in place.

Apex arrives in a few days. Never had one before so I’m looking forward to automating a few things.

Next, finish my manifold plumbing, then build an electronics cabinet and set up Apex.

Lik the the scape if you need help with the apex let me know

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
How do you like the glass holes overflow and return?
Well, it’s better than corner overflows, but it’s certainly not silent. I don’t run a lot of water through my sump, so it’s not too bad. I don’t have my side panels and doors on my stand yet, so that will quiet things down slightly.

Mjl714

Wow, I think you'll really like the Apex, i know i do. I look forward to your comment on the Orphek lights.

madjoe

Premium member
Apex is awsome . I was able to set up so many alarms and safety float switches with a diy break out box. Next is leak dectors and wmx module i think.

GugsJr

TeamCR
Apex is awsome . I was able to set up so many alarms and safety float switches with a diy break out box. Next is leak dectors and wmx module i think.
You should see how mine is setup. Auto top off of my ATO container, auto top off of my tank, skimmer overflow protections, triton dosing, autofeed. All I do is clean my glass

madjoe

Premium member
You should see how mine is setup. Auto top off of my ATO container, auto top off of my tank, skimmer overflow protections, triton dosing, autofeed. All I do is clean my glass

Yea same here float for ato float for ato safety float for skimmer shut off for over flow. Then two more floats to automatically fill my ato container. Tank definitely is on auto lately

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Yea same here float for ato float for ato safety float for skimmer shut off for over flow. Then two more floats to automatically fill my ato container. Tank definitely is on auto lately
I don’t think I’ll ever have my ATO tank auto filled as that would require a RO line running across my lining room at all times. I probably don’t need an APEX because I don’t control my lights with it, I don’t control my pumps with it, and I don’t control control anything else with it. It’s just a really expensive heater controller that produces graphs about stuff I don’t care about (ORP and PH).

Seriously, who cares about ORP and PH? I haven’t tested PH in five years and I surely don’t need live monitoring. I think Apex just measures this because it’s easy for them to measure. Give me live alk, cal, NO3, and PO4 monitoring and we’re talking. I don’t even know what ORP is, and not caring about it in the past surely didn’t cause a problem. I’ve read that APEX salinity probe is unreliable. Is this true?

Some day I’ll get a calcium reactor when Kalk can’t keep up, and it might help with that, but right now, it’s just a way to monitor if things are working. Surely a nice to have and not a must have.....at least for me.

Hopefully some of you Apex lovers can convince me that I’ve made a good choice.

GugsJr

TeamCR
Well Apex is in the testing phase of Trident module which will test Alk, Mag and CA. Not to their live test users yet

ORP can let you know when your tank is off. Example if a fish does I believe it drops (always get that confused) if it's not oxygenated enough it rise (could be the opposite)

Illinijoe

TeamCR
Apex to me is a must in that when setup right can save you from a crash. My apex has saved me two or three times now by sending me alerts when tank conditions have changed beyond parameters and giving me the opportunity to fix them before total disaster.