SkullV's 75g FOWLR + Anemones -- Lots of Pics!

SkullV

Your tank really looks nice...good job. I find it difficult to take most pics with the leds because of how bright they are.
Thanks, that is what I'm running into as well.

The color rendition isn't too bad after just setting the white balance on my camera (Cannon EOS Digital Rebel XT) but the brightness is crazy! When you lower the brightness through processing it messes everything else up and I HATE processing photos and posting them. It feels like a lie to me, even if they look just like the tank.

All of the photos in this thread are unprocessed except for the Swissguard Basslet and the brightness in the most recent photo.

SkullV

Look's great. Nice Blue Milli too!! Where'd you find such a large colony?
Local reefer's tank break down. He also has a beautiful Teal Stag that I had my eye on, but my frag is finally starting to show some really good growth so I didn't pick it up.

My skimmer shipped finally and it is set for Saturday Delivery!

Heidi

Thanks, that is what I'm running into as well.

The color rendition isn't too bad after just setting the white balance on my camera (Cannon EOS Digital Rebel XT) but the brightness is crazy! When you lower the brightness through processing it messes everything else up and I HATE processing photos and posting them. It feels like a lie to me, even if they look just like the tank.

All of the photos in this thread are unprocessed except for the Swissguard Basslet and the brightness in the most recent photo.
You take beautiful pictures!! BUT it is you not your camera that has grown this beautiful reef!! Great fish selection and your coral are all very healthy. I know what you mean about adjusting your photos so that they are not super blue. I have to do it to all of mine since I got the leds. I don't think it's dishonest as long as it looks true to your eye.
Heidi

SkullV

Very Nice setup!!! Great detail in the aquascapingalso! Let us know if there's a huge difference in the new skimmer.
Thanks! Will do on the skimmer, you can find updates here:

http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26355#post26355

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the constant daily updates. I know it's probably getting kind of boring! Just trying to keep this documented for my own use in a couple places in case something ever happens to the computer or something.

Empty Tank/Sump:

Wanted to add some photos of the original aquascape before things started to grow:

Left Corner:

Left Side Close-Up:

Right Side Close-Up:

Right Corner:

FTS:

Smitty

Premium member
Looking good bro...no need to apologize for doing what you are suppose to do on a forum, on your own tank thread...some of us actually enjoy the updates and pics. That's how we continue to learn this hobby and get ideas for our own tanks...so thanks. :)

SkullV

On the flight home to see my tank for the first time in 6 days! Hopefully everything is alright. From the looks of my crappy IP camera it should be.

SkullV

Lost my Tyree True Undata over the holiday. That will be the third encrusting monti that I have lost since switching to LED. Branching montis, plating montis, and all other corals are doing fine. Oh well.