SkullV's 75g FOWLR + Anemones -- Lots of Pics!

SkullV

Well since I'm back I figured I should show you all what I have been up to. This tank is still a baby at just over 4 months old.

This is not nearly all the coral etc. in the tank but the daylights kicked off and I didn't want to deal with color adjustment.

*DISCLAIMER* I am terrible with this camera so forgive me! All pics are taken under T5 with no color adjustment unless otherwise noted.

A BIG thanks goes out to Pat (NewSchool04) and Beefy. Almost all the coral in the tank came from them.

Equipment list is:

• Bubble Magus NAC6 Skimmer with Needlewheel Impeller and Avast Marine Swabbie
  • TLF 150 Media Reactor running 300ml NPX Bioplastics
  • Eheim 1262 Return Pump
  • Bubble Magus T01 Doser for Cal/Alk -- Using Seachem Reef Fusion 1 and 2
  • 2x EcoTech MP40wES
  • Current Nova Extreme Pro 6x54w T5HO -- All T5
  • 2x Eheim Jager Heaters
  • All Controlled by Reefkeeper Light

The tank will have a pair of the brand new EcoTech Radion LED fixtures hung over it by Monday.

The good part:

Red Tabling Acro:

Deepwater Turaki:

Various Frags:

Crocea Clam:

Angry RBTA from getting moved today:

Idaho Grape:

"Blingin" Red Monti Digi:

ORA Pink & Green Damicornis (I was told):

Neon Green and Purple Hammer:

Bleeding Apple Scoly:

SkullV

ORA Green Stylophora:

Branching Green Psam:

On to the fish!!!

Tomini Tang from Divers Den:

Helfrichi Firefish from Divers Den:

Swissguard Basslet from Divers Den (color adjusted):

Male Snowflake Ocellaris from Matt Crooks:

Female ORA Snowflake Ocellaris from Divers Den (blurry sorry):

Clown Pair (with flash):

Mystery Wrasse from Divers Den (with flash):

SkullV

Tailspot Blenny from Divers Den:

Got Crabs? (with flash):

PAR Measurements on The Current Lighting:

Last but not least, the FTS:

SkullV

Using the Marineland "Reef Capable" (MAX par 140) Macna 2011 Edition LEDs over the fuge:

View from outside the stand looking in:

Fuge "FTS":

Red Sea Pulsing Xenia:

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Looks really good! It's amazing how only a few inches of water can drastically reduce the PAR. Your scape look great, lots of places for coral :)

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Nice rock work!! Good selection of SPS.. Will you be taking pictures to measure growth with your NEW LEDS?

SkullV

Nice rock work!! Good selection of SPS.. Will you be taking pictures to measure growth with your NEW LEDS?
Absolutely, that was part of the reason that I took pictures of some of the frags was so I could measure the growth/coloration of different kinds of corals under LED.

nvdiz

The tank better than it did when I last saw it Ted! You have to save me a piece of that red table and green turaki

SkullV

The tank better than it did when I last saw it Ted! You have to save me a piece of that red table and green turaki
You can have a piece of the red table anytime you want man! I have been meaning to cut it away from the glass so I can get the Mag Float all the way through.

SkullV

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I just wanted to post a little update here even though most of you already know what's going on with the tank. I just want to keep it all in one place for easy finding at a later date.

I also just ordered a Bubble Magus NAC8 Cone to replace my NAC6. With the new bubble plate design, cone reaction chamber, and larger pump it should be a pretty noticeable upgrade.

New lights came last Monday:

[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before with the 6x54w T5:

After with the EcoTech Radion XR30w (20k):
[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got the temporary moonlights set up tonight. In the near future EcoTech will be releasing another software update (hopefully with Apple/Mac support) that will include a full natural lunar cycle. Until then I am running all of the Royal Blue LEDs at 1% intensity from 12:00am-3:00am.

• These are the PAR readings using an Apogee QMSW-SS PAR meter in "Electric Lamp" mode.
  • This is 2 fixtures spaced evenly over a standard Aqueon (All Glass) 75g tank (48"x18"x20").
  • Both Fixtures are in 12k (All LED On) mode at 100% intensity.
  • All pumps were turned off for this test.
  • The Fixtures are hung 8" above the water in this test.
  • The water line with all pumps off is exactly 18" above the sand for this test.
  • The Water Line readings are the probe below the waterline but sensor is NOT submerged.
  • The Fixtures are hung exactly centered over the tank (front to back)
  • The measurements are taken as close to center as possible (front to back)
  • Measurements from 9"-18" WILL be higher due to the the inability to take centered readings due to coral/rock placement.
  • Only use these numbers to compare to other LED fixtures PAR meters do not read Blue LEDs properly (up to 40% low).

Front of tank -- Please excuse the number on the bottom right, I forgot to type it and didn't want to redo the entire chart -- The number is accurate:

On the bottom:

SkullV

Added a couple colonies to the upper right hand of the tank. Moved the toadstool and clam due to shading issues from the new Blue Milli colony. Put the Lobo in place of the clam and toadstool.

Everyone wasn't lying when they said how hard pictures are to take under LEDs!

Smitty

Premium member
Your tank really looks nice...good job. I find it difficult to take most pics with the leds because of how bright they are.