SkullV's 75g FOWLR + Anemones -- Lots of Pics!

Cecily

It's a "Flame Tip" from Aquapros. They are all just Bubble Tip Anemones (E. Quadricolor) though.

Couldn't resist flipping on the daylights and getting another shot. Way more orange/red and less green. NICE!

I knew it was a BTA. I can tell that much with my expert eyeballs. Lmfao!
Seriously looks AWESOME though. Happy it came out for you!

SkullV

Everyone is out for the first time (most of the fish too!) so I took a shot. Probably my favorite photo of my tank ever:

SkullV

Great shot? Was this done with your phone?
Cannon Rebel EOS XT that I still don't know how to use. I was toying around with setting a custom white balance today, but I really have no idea how to do it. I got a photo of an all white card in the tank that fills the entire frame. I just don't know what to do with it.

SkullV

Hoooly crap. Just spent a little time on the phone with Dre (Bam Bam) and that opened up a whole new world to me. Introducing the first pic with a properly set custom white balance (used a white card submerged in the tank). Still need to mess with shutter speed, ISO, and Fstop, but this is a **** good start!

This is the first pic I have ever taken where everything looks EXACTLY how it does to my eyes:

SkullV

This will be coming Friday :) It's the original Purple Rain from the person who named it. A few others in the next week or 2 as well.

ColaAddict

Ted, how do you keep those bartletts happy, do you use an auto feeder to feed multiple times a day?
I have a male and I don't think I feed him enough, just doing once a day feeding. I know they have to eat multiple times a day. I'm thinking about buying a few females.

SkullV

Ted, how do you keep those bartletts happy, do you use an auto feeder to feed multiple times a day?
I have a male and I don't think I feed him enough, just doing once a day feeding. I know they have to eat multiple times a day. I'm thinking about buying a few females.
I feed them a couple times a day by hand. I hate the look of a feeding ring floating in the tank so I can't use an autofeeder.

Cubbies

Wow Ted that looks amazing! I absolutely love it! That BTA is awesome! Dre. . . I got you so close but yet haven't gotten you to teach me this?!?! Why?! I've spent countless hours at your house but no camera?!? I'll get ya next time! :lol:

rosko23

Hey Ted... I can help you with the Camera when I see you... that is one of my other hobbies...

and the pic looks amazing..

Herbie

Banned
Hoooly crap. Just spent a little time on the phone with Dre (Bam Bam) and that opened up a whole new world to me. Introducing the first pic with a properly set custom white balance (used a white card submerged in the tank). Still need to mess with shutter speed, ISO, and Fstop, but this is a **** good start!

This is the first pic I have ever taken where everything looks EXACTLY how it does to my eyes:

Holy crap. I need camera lessons too.

SkullV

What setting did you use?
Used the custom white balance using a photo of an all white card in the tank as a reference. The photos this camera takes in this tank now are so accurate it's ridiculous. I generally just take a TON of photos with the shutter speed from very slow to very fast and pick out the one that looks the closest.