SkullV's 75g FOWLR + Anemones -- Lots of Pics!

Cubbies

Great pics Ted! I see another addiction building up on you. . . :lol: I think me myself is catching the camera bug as well!

SkullV

Hey Ted cool tank. Saw your work tank on Central too. I'm a newbie...what is a fowlr tank mean?
Thanks for the compliment. As "the reefer" said it means Fish Only With Live Rock.

A little fun update though....breaking in my new little skimmer. We'll see how the tank does with an added little filtration boost:

Cubbies

It is, that skimmer could easily skim double the water volume if not more. The little one is breaking in for another tank. That way it will be ready to go when the new tank is set up.
Aha! I knew it was coming! That Pico ain't gonna hold your addiction to coral! :lol:

Catran

Wow, those are some awesome nems Ted! I love that Sunburst, and the Purple Rain too! Okay, all of them, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildisme

Looks great. If u want I can bring my DSLR n teach you some things when I pick up my bulbs. Teach you some editing as well. Basic stuff makes a big difference.

This is nothing but a corrected white balancing.

bennyblanco

Wow- that blue green is awesome!

What is the white card/ white balancing method you're using? What are you using as the white card? Is the white card the only object in the frame? Or is it in the background? I've played with the wb function but it's still not coming out like your pics.

(sorry not trying to hijack your thread...you can reply by pm as well)

Thanks!

Wildisme

Usually it's actually a grey card. Either 15% or 18% grey depending on if it's Kodak or any other brand. Kodak thinks on their own.

You take a single picture holding the card in the center frame of the picture, then take the rest of your pictures. Then when you edit, you adjust your White balance useing the eye dropper on the card. You then adjust the following pictures to the same white balance.

Every time your lighting changes, angle changes, or zoom changes, you shoot the card again before your next series of pictures.

SkullV

Newest and last fish addition. Bicolor Angel from MCF. Went through full QT and was eating mysis/rods like crazy in the QT. Hasn't been eating much other than what is on the rocks in the DT, but it does graze 24/7.