Spartanman22's 80 DB

ultimatemj

I wanted it to be a clean and simple as possible. My fuge on my current setup is great but it collects a lot of detritus and it's not all that easy to clean out. I wanted to be able to keep the sump nice and clean and free of detritus so I opted out of the Refugium.
To avoid having to find a way to clean one of those pourous blocks, I use Seachem Pond Matrix placed in a nylon vegetable bag. When I do water changes I lift up the bag and shake out the detritus and then pump/siphon out the water with the detritus floating in it. Note, the pond version is a larger rubble size that the regular Matrix, so it doesn't fall out of the mesh bag, and it a lot less expensive via a pond supply than a reef store :)
View attachment 15587View attachment 15588

Spartanman22

Oh nice that'd be nice for the drain portion of the sump I could tuck it away in there. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

Just got a call today from EcoTech confirming that the cable extension on my MP40 was completed. I should have that back sometime next week.

That was really the last component of the electrical work. Now it's just a matter of finishing the plumbing. I'll be home this Saturday so I'm hoping to at least get started on the process!

Spartanman22

It was $35 for an additional 6' added on. Probably could do it yourself if you're electrically inclined. I'm unfortunately not very well versed in electrical work. Standard stuff I'm fine with, but the correct has like 10 wires....

Plus if you go through EcoTech it doesn't void warranty.

anarchy

This is great to know because for the 180 im definitely going to need this done for 2 pumps

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

Made some more progress today. It came out really well and I'm pretty excited about it! I got clips to mount the plumbing to the wall so it's secured in place.

Rcunning8

Premium member
Dude this looks so freeking sweet! Like 2001 a space odyssey. Lol so I see you are going to obviously plumb the right one with the return what are the three other splits for. Again love the color coordination where did u get those valves?

Spartanman22

Dude this looks so freeking sweet! Like 2001 a space odyssey. Lol so I see you are going to obviously plumb the right one with the return what are the three other splits for. Again love the color coordination where did u get those valves?

Thanks man I appreciate it! The other three splits are for reactors. I bought two of the Vertex RX-U media reactors. As of now I'm only planning on running one. My plan was to have two for reactors and a third for any future additions and/or an outlet for water changes.

My plan was to have red return and white drain. My only disappointment is that the red doesn't shine through too much on the return what with all the valves but that is a very minor disappointment! The valves are from aquarium specialty. I believe they are the Biotek brand.

anarchy

Cant remember where i saw it but you can buy colored fittings like your 90s and what not so that everything is 1 color. Thats what im doing for the 180

Spartanman22

Cant remember where i saw it but you can buy colored fittings like your 90s and what not so that everything is 1 color. Thats what im doing for the 180

A I saw that and considered it but I liked the look of red plumbing and white fittings. I just underestimated how much real estate the valves would take up. Oh well I'm very happy with the result. Everything is nice and organized and really easy to get too, which is not the case on my current setup.

anarchy

Oh no for sure it looks amazing how it is. I think everyones current setup isnt as organized and easily accessible as theyd like it to be

Spartanman22

Oh no for sure it looks amazing how it is. I think everyones current setup isnt as organized and easily accessible as theyd like it to be

That's how it always goes. I'll get this setup and a month later I'll find something I wish I would have done differently. It's just the nature of things.

anarchy

That's how it always goes. I'll get this setup and a month later I'll find something I wish I would have done differently. It's just the nature of things.

Well i think with this one youve got everything pretty much setup to be switched out easily incase theres things you dont like