Spartanman22's 80 DB

madjoe

Premium member
That sucks man . I never beat the red slime i broke down and built whole new system. Im sure its gonna be new system new problems type deal as u said it really dont matter how much money in equipment u have i swear its all about luck

Illinijoe

TeamCR
You're setup is awesome sorry to see you go. Maybe we can help you figure out what happened? A lot of experienced reefers here.

tinman

Soo sad to hear that buddy .. i was thinking about what could be the reason even long after our text discussions yesterday.

let me know if there is anything i could help out with ..

Spartanman22

Well most of the crash seems to be over. Lost probably 70% of my acros and most of my non-acro SPS.

I found out very recently that we will be moving in a month. So I'm going to retire this setup. The only thing keeping me from leaving the hobby entirely is my breeding pair of Picasso's and my blue gig. I've had them for a long time and can't bring myself to get rid of them. So, I'll be setting up a Nuvo 20 for them.

I really wanted to grab on of Artfully Acrylics Reef Crest drop-off AIO's, but my move is short notice and I wouldn't be able to get the tank in time.

I'll be selling off this system in the upcoming months. If anyone has some advice for a good light for the Nuvo 20 I'm all ears. I'd like something controllable. This setup needs to be simple! Currently looking at the AquaSanRise or the ReefBreeders Photon V2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

I was walking by the tank last night and thought "wow its really starting to rebound and look good again..." hit right in the feels knowing its going to be coming down in a month. It made me think long and hard about just keeping it and moving it into the new place. But moving a tank that big is such a hassle and it never goes well. Plus there's no good place to put it. With the newer, smaller AIO my wife is willing to let it be in the living room instead of tucked away in the spare bedroom. It's tough planing its tear down. I put so much thought and effort into designing that system, and truly did love it despite its misfortunes as of late. I thought about just hanging onto the equipment, but figured by the time I have a house again there will be a market full of newer, better, techier equipment available. I cant afford to be a packrat when living in an apartment/condo!

Spartanman22

Good to hear you're stayed my in. When you move and settle in I got a frag of rr applejack with your name of it.
Thank you man I really appreciate the support. I've gotten a lot of really good support, and several members helped walk me off the ledge so to speak. I was planning on just calling it quits, but there's some great people here who convinced me to take a deep breadth and to not make any rash decisions. This place is an incredible resource for so many reasons, but mostly because of the awesome people!

Spartanman22

Not sure if I want to start a new build thread or continue with this one, but just to keep an update I've picked up the following equipment thus far:

Tank: Fluval M90 + Stand
Lighting: 2 x OR-T247's
Flow: 2 x MP10wQD
Controls: Apex
Doser: GHL Doser 2
Cover: Artfully Acrylic Custom Screen Top
Heater: Finnex

I also picked up two dosing storage containers from Amazon, and will be getting a custom media caddy from OctoAquatics.com. I'm still trying to decide between the Tunze 9901 and 9004. I like to compactness of the 9001. I could run that skimmer and have the skimmer totally hidden, whereas the 9004 would stick out the top a bit. But I'm concerned the 9001 may be too small. I also be picking up two more 8x8x1" MarinePure blocks. I'm going to fill one of the filtration compartments with ceramic media since I'll have a minimal amount of rock in the display.

xj_matt

Premium member
Not sure if I want to start a new build thread or continue with this one, but just to keep an update I've picked up the following equipment thus far:

Tank: Fluval M90 + Stand
Lighting: 2 x OR-T247's
Flow: 2 x MP10wQD
Controls: Apex
Doser: GHL Doser 2
Cover: Artfully Acrylic Custom Screen Top
Heater: Finnex

I also picked up two dosing storage containers from Amazon, and will be getting a custom media caddy from OctoAquatics.com. I'm still trying to decide between the Tunze 9901 and 9004. I like to compactness of the 9001. I could run that skimmer and have the skimmer totally hidden, whereas the 9004 would stick out the top a bit. But I'm concerned the 9001 may be too small. I also be picking up two more 8x8x1" MarinePure blocks. I'm going to fill one of the filtration compartments with ceramic media since I'll have a minimal amount of rock in the display.
I had the same tank originally when I got back into the Hobby it was nice but you run out of space very fast

xj_matt

Premium member
Ya it'll be filled up fast but oh well it is what it is.

The only part I didn't like about it was the filtration in the back the way it flowed a lot of detritus build up on the bottom of all the chambers

Spartanman22

Ya it'll be interesting trying to keep that clean back there. I don't have much AIO experience. I really wish I wasn't moving and could keep my setup going but such is life.

xj_matt

Premium member
Ya it'll be interesting trying to keep that clean back there. I don't have much AIO experience. I really wish I wasn't moving and could keep my setup going but such is life.

I understand completely I would look into seeing if you can modify the back chamber some how to keep flow a little bit better for your sanity