Spartanman22's Fluval M90

Funlad3

Very nice; I've always loved flameback angels, and your acros still look great despite the monti mystery. Keep at it and get it filled up again! ;)

Spartanman22

Very nice; I've always loved flameback angels, and your acros still look great despite the monti mystery. Keep at it and get it filled up again! ;)
I initially thought I lost them entirely but the RR Nauti spiral is coming back. It’s purple at the moment but hopefully will recover fully and return to its bright orange. The rainbow stylo has most of its tips burnt off, plenty survived down at the base.

My suspicion is that my alk rose a little bit. My tank always just seems to stabilize into a ULNS. I never try to run a low nutrient system, but that’s how it seems to like to operate. A lot of my acros are displaying paler colors. So I think my nutrients were naturally low, and then my alk creeped up to about 8.4, which caused the paling in the acros and the bleaching of the montis. Things look really good when alk is kept at 7.3-7.7. So I’ve tailed back the dozing pump and hopefully colors return to normal and the montis recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

Light is up. Now I have to figure out how I’m going to get the old 8020 light hangar off the back of the stand...

Funlad3

Light is up. Now I have to figure out how I’m going to get the old 8020 light hangar off the back of the stand...
Lights look awesome! I'd cover the tank with cardboard and try a fine blade hack saw or a dremel tool to cut the aluminum flush to the back of the tank and then cap it.

Spartanman22

Lights look awesome! I'd cover the tank with cardboard and try a fine blade hack saw or a dremel tool to cut the aluminum flush to the back of the tank and then cap it.
That’s not a bad idea. There no way I’m getting at the brackets holding the 8020 channel onto the stand without moving the whole thing away from the wall.

Spartanman22

Taking phone pictures is much better with the T5’s. Added a few pieces this weekend, here are a couple quick phone shots:

Hawkins

Pac-Man

Green Dragon

This should develop bright blue tips

FTS

Spartanman22

Alkalinity is finally back to 7.3 as of this morning. Going to try and get it up a little to about 7.5-7.7, but sps are coloring back up nicely. Noticing some new colors and depth in a lot of the sps under the T5’s. A few pieces have lost some unique coloring but hopefully that’s just the adjustment period.

Spartanman22

Crummy iPhone pictures inbound

Pac-Man

Green Dragon

PC Rainbow taking off

TCK Pilachu finally getting some hints of yellow back after months of being a brown blob

ORA Pearlberry has exploded recently. Was a tiny frag when I got it.

Ultimate’s Miyagi starting to show some growth

This one is hard to capture, especially with an iPhone but it’s some type of tennis (I think) with baby blue body and peach/yellow tips. It’s gorgeous in person, and I think will rival the WD when grown out.

I’ve been having a hard time keeping up with calcium and alkalinity demands and have been having to increase the dosing amount daily. The matted filefish has eaten nearly all aiptasia in my tank, and aside from a few stragglers, I am almost aiptasia-free.

After making the lighting switch I’ve had a small outbreak of what looks like Dino’s. I’ll do some water changes and hopefully knock it down before it can get out of hand.

Spartanman22

Figured out why I couldn’t get my alk to where I wanted. Noticed last night that the tubing had caked over at the discharge side. Cleaned that up and this morning all tested right at 7.7.

Now if only I could get my Mg up. Using the AquaForest three part Spain solutions, component 3 is supposed to be for Mg, but I’ve been raising the dosing amount on that pump almost daily and can’t get Mg above 1300. In the past I used a specific AquaForest Mg supplement which worked well. Maybe I just need to go back to that.

Spartanman22

Acros are coloring up like crazy under the T5’s. Parameters are dialing in, but magnesium is still a bit low at 1260. Alk and calcium were at 7.3 and 400 as of last night.

Some acros are looking a bit paler, which I think is due to lower nutrients. I’m hoping to add some fish to add some more nitrates and phosphates. Both have tested at zero recently.

TCK finally has color to it. Now just to get the right colors

BC Ponape Rainbow - was a Brown turd but is slowly coloring up.

This is quickly becoming a favorite - BC Premoberry. The tips have a great blue color which isn’t showing up in photos

Spartanman22

Tank is rocking and rolling. I am burning through my AFS three-part at the moment constantly having to up the dosages. Parameters as of last night were: Alk = 7.1, calcium = 410, and magnesium = 1365. I have been slowly upping the magnesium and have noticed a decline in some of the algae growing on the rock. Had to add another piece of rock to the right side to make room for an RBTA and a couple choice SPS frags.

Spartanman22

Clowns got a new home today. I’d be elated if it would keep the bubble tips, but not getting my hopes up. I placed it right where it’s at in the pictures but it’s already moved to the back wall. Clowns have already started hosting it.