Ok so I tested this morning and here are the results
Cal - 400
KH - 196
High PH - 7.8
Ammonia .5
Nitrite - .15
Nitrate - 20
What other tests should I get?
What can I do to lower my ammonia and how are the other results?

BADGUS

Wow,i hope you don't have any livestock in that tank,results are bad,but for a cycling tank it's ok.Do alot of water changes and jut wait for it to stabilize..There's nothing you can do for it to be ''ok'' right away.What test kit are you using for the alkalinity?It doesn't make sense.There's too much ammonia and nitrite.Nitrates are HIGH,but not ''Dangerous''.

Here's what i tested last night:
Temp: 78.4
S.G: 1.026
PH: 8.35
ALK: 8.5 DKH
MAG:1650ppm
CA: 440ppm
PO4: 0
NO3: 5
Ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0

ColaAddict

your tank is going through a cycle, and needs to be buffered. if you have livestock, do a water change immediately.

BADGUS

More detailed details,how long has the tank been running?What water do you use?what salt brand,live rock # and livesand # and what filtration being used aswell.

30lbs rock live
Fluval304
Hob fugue with miracle mud, chaeto,
Koralia 4
30 gallon tank been running for 3months
T5 lights
I have a CPR hob skimmer but not running yet

xtlosx

Those are rough results for a 3 month old tank... I had a problem keeping parameters normal when I didn't have a sump\fuge, but absolutely no problems now! It's easy as pie.

BADGUS

30lbs rock live
Fluval304
Hob fugue with miracle mud, chaeto,
Koralia 4
30 gallon tank been running for 3months
T5 lights
I have a CPR hob skimmer but not running yet
Wow a K4?That's insane flow!!anywho here's what i would do if it were my tank:

Remove the Fluval canister,run the HOB skimmer with a bag of carbon or chemipure in there(it fits),do weekly 5g water changes at a lower S.G~1.023 and keep a low bio-load for a month or so,limit feeding to once a day and wait for tank to stabilize.Stick with 1 brand of salt and make sure the RODI water is at 0tds to avoid issues.

HTH.:cheer2:

ColaAddict

actually, don't even feed today. feed every other day, until your amonia and nitrites are gone. your fish should be fine with every other day, until water stablizes.

DanSreef

Premium member
Can you please provide some additional detail? Like.... what kind of stock do you have in the tank? What are you feeding....meaning: flake, pellets, frozen....small children...:biggrin1:

When you began stocking your tank.... how did you do so? Did you wait for the tank to cycle... Did you introduce fish, rock, corals..... until stuff started to die off? (no judgement here.... many local fish stores will sell you first and then ask later)

Also, what water source are you using for water changes and top off? You sound like you are mixing your own water....are you using tap, bottled (distilled) or are you using RO/DI water?

I agree with all of the suggestions above. I would reduce feedings to every other day and begin doing water changes as suggested right away.

Good Luck!

My tank went through the cycle then added a couple clowns. Thensome corals. I now have two sps a couple mushrooms, and two leathers all are doing great. Good colors. Water I use my own rodi unit

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Well that is prob what happened then. The 75 was cycled so I thought using all the same stuff it wouldn't cause a prob. But apparently it did

BADGUS

Amquel + really only helps when you use tap water,if you're already using RODI it's a waste of $$$..........I was curious a couple years ago to see if it worked,so i tested my new cycling-tank and it had ~25ppm of ammonia,added amquel+ and re-tested---same result,added 3x the dose and same result.So i went to the sink,filled a 5g bucket with tap water,showed ammoniia at about 10ppm,added the same 3x dose to the plain tap water and sure enough after testing twice it showed between 0-5.. Stick to water changes and some chemipure.