Tinned Reef

tinman

New haul :)
WWC After Pary .. this is almost identical to RR Pink floyd but i like this one better as the branches are thicker and a different growth pattern ..

- - - Updated - - -

Battle Corals Hyperberry :) baddest shortcake out there ..

tinman

RR Fruitopia ( one of the most underrated )

RR Pretty in pink

Somewhere over the Rainbow Milli

- - - Updated - - -

ohhh and my most fav :) RMF Psychoberry ( all other apart this thing just looks amazing as days pass by)

tinman

Route 66 Merlins Staff ( the one on the right ) .... the beauty it is cant wait for it to grow ...
thank you soo much for the beauty Sonny [MENTION=921]goodguy[/MENTION]

tinman

Your welcome. I see another beaty sitting next to it. I bet people are wondering what it is.
haha it RR Asia Orange Passion ... one of the best colored colonies i have seen and thank you soo much for such generous sizes on the frags..

i have to take pics of the other goodies i grabbed :)

GugsJr

TeamCR
Route 66 Merlins Staff ( the one on the right ) .... the beauty it is cant wait for it to grow ...
thank you soo much for the beauty Sonny [MENTION=921]goodguy[/MENTION]

I just picked one up as well. Can't wait for it to grow

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tinman

RRA Orange passion Def deserves its own pic :)

so does SC orange Passion :

cant forget the oldies - Tyree Icefire Echinata

PC Superman

BC Bubble Bath unicorn - was not able to capture the correct colors but polyps are actually RED

this one i enhanced the colors a little just for fun :marchmellow:

tinman

i jsut got back from vacation couple days ago and my heart sank a little looking at the state of the corals :( lost many high end acros including a nice sized mini colony of Rainbow envy :(

here is what happened, im cursing myself for being soo reckless with what i did before i left on vacation :

the week i left i was monitoring levels in my tank -
nitrates are near zero (should have left it that way and things would have been fine), alk consumption changed ( again should have left it that way and would have dropped to 6 or so and should have been fine ..)

with acros all doing soo great i think i got over confident and forgot how very sensitive some of the stuff is ..

so i bumped up the alk dose ever so lightly (or so i thought ) was upping like 0.1 dkh a day would mean about 1.5 dkh increase from 8-9.5 by the time i came back and should have been fine.

WORST DECISION EVER -

i was working even the day i left (with 8pm flight overseas i was working till 4:30 pm ish ) then thought i would check nitrates one last time - came out 0 .. and just about 30 mins left and in a frenzy i dosed some Sodium nitrate.. and changed the drain tube of skimmer to drain back into the sump and assuming everything is alright left on vacation..

BOOOM

by the time i came back half of the stuff is in very bad condition but some enjoying life ( i guess stuff that likes high alk and high nutrients like asd rainbow and a cpl of others doing soo well )

lost
1. JKR boba Fett
2. JKR Raspberry Bruiser ( one of my fav)
3. Tryee Ice fire echinata ( full colony :'( )
4. Matt V Psych Asylum ( paid $400 for less than an inch frag )
5. CC Voodoo Majick
6. WWC After Party and RRA Op hanging in there but dont look good.
7. Biggest of the blow - Mini Colony of rainbow Envy

others look ok (not too great ) but should perk back up after a month or so of rigourous work on the tank ..

NOTE to self : NEVER EVER USE Nitrate dosing .. IMO Gut feeling is this nitrate is not exactly the same as nitrates used by corals

tinman

Sorry to hear about this my friend, I’m leaving for 2 weeks and I’m hoping that I come back to a tank
generally 2 weeks of no interference from us is good and shouldnt really hurt the tank ..

this case is bs as i dosed Sodium Nitrate and corals didnt like it and stopped consuming Alk and alk rose to 11 ( from 8 over a period of 12 days ) and boom disaster. .. had i not dosed that sodium nitrate ..everything would have been fine.. wasnt thinking straight when i dosed it . well we should learn from mistakes is all i can say to myself to not be depressed haha