Tinned Reef

tinman

new shots of old chalices and one shot of my new chalice ;)

this is my new chalice .. super bright red under blues

tinman

Finally !!

after all the work it took, new rock and new sand and stuff .. my fish are fine and healthy (including the cutie clown and the firefish) as of today after a 1.5 months of adding them back to the tank.

i can finally say adios to those blood sucking mfeckers. YAY :marchmellow:

tinman

all is well,

so the 16 gallon aquarium is happily shared by a baby clown and a sixline and a firefish ( with firefish hiding in it small hole 23.5 hours in a day and comming out only for food as the sixline used to chase it at the first site)

then greed stuck in again .. i wanted to stock more fish (just like before) somehow had to get rid of the firefish (as its only hiding most of the time) and wanted a second clown. got it ..

added the Clown from another reefer ( its a big *** clown) then came across a cute royal gramma and wanted that one also. and yes added it ..

thats it no more fish and i have to pull out the firefish (i told myself)

but well my tank turned into a wwf championship ring, everyone is chasing everyone.. wrasse chasing gramma and gramma chasing firefish and the big clown protecting its frogspawn location.. sand everywehere and my chalices are covered in sand everymorning.

gave away the clown and firefish (luckily caught them both) to the lfs yesterday .. was hoping to catch the gramma or wrasse (one of them) tomm as i have to empty my tank and move it to another room anyway.

came back home to a dead fish :( gramma is missing all fins and is killed my my mr. wrasse man ...

telling all this to warn others and myself (if i get greedy again in future)

greed is the root of all evil. :(

Jep21

all is well,

so the 16 gallon aquarium is happily shared by a baby clown and a sixline and a firefish ( with firefish hiding in it small hole 23.5 hours in a day and comming out only for food as the sixline used to chase it at the first site)

then greed stuck in again .. i wanted to stock more fish (just like before) somehow had to get rid of the firefish (as its only hiding most of the time) and wanted a second clown. got it ..

added the Clown from another reefer ( its a big *** clown) then came across a cute royal gramma and wanted that one also. and yes added it ..

thats it no more fish and i have to pull out the firefish (i told myself)

but well my tank turned into a wwf championship ring, everyone is chasing everyone.. wrasse chasing gramma and gramma chasing firefish and the big clown protecting its frogspawn location.. sand everywehere and my chalices are covered in sand everymorning.

gave away the clown and firefish (luckily caught them both) to the lfs yesterday .. was hoping to catch the gramma or wrasse (one of them) tomm as i have to empty my tank and move it to another room anyway.

came back home to a dead fish :( gramma is missing all fins and is killed my my mr. wrasse man ...

telling all this to warn others and myself (if i get greedy again in future)

greed is the root of all evil. :(
i say.. get all those fish out and introduce from the most docile fish first and then the most aggressive last..

anyway.. sorry to hear about your losses

DD

"Rambo"
Sorry to hear about your troubles Tin.

Here's what you should do:

Follow Jeff's advice. Then bring all of your frags over since they are so ugly :D

tinman

i say.. get all those fish out and introduce from the most docile fish first and then the most aggressive last..

anyway.. sorry to hear about your losses
nope man, im done adding any more fish to that tank..

ill may be add one more clown down the road and thats it .. 3 fish and a happy tank ..

Jep21

nope man, im done adding any more fish to that tank..

ill may be add one more clown down the road and thats it .. 3 fish and a happy tank ..
just saying it maybe a good idea to remove and reintroduce them so the sixline wouldnt be to aggressive towards ur other two fishies

tinman

haha thanks Dom,

i have to move the tank to a different apartment for the painting and carpet work. hopefully everything will be fine

Sorry to hear about your troubles Tin.

Here's what you should do:

Follow Jeff's advice. Then bring all of your frags over since they are so ugly :D

tinman

Finally done with moving the tank back, cleaning and water changes and everything phew...

everything seems to be doing fine and looks happy except changing a little bit of colors which should come back and be fine in about 2 weeks :D

a lousy iphone pic with too much blue (well the wall behind is also blue lol) but here is how it looks after moving back .. the light now hangs from cieling ..soo much cleaner look.

View attachment 17487