What Did You Do With Your Tank Today?

edsbeaker

Why not get some toms?!
Funny you asked, because I did when I first started the cycle.... The darn stuff didn't work!!! I've used it before with success, but not this time. Added pure ammonia, the stuff from Dr. Foster's, tested to make sure it was at 3PPM, and added the Tom's. I added more than necessary since it can't be overdosed and... nothing.

Since it still hasn't cycled, the ammonia was stuck at .5 for this past week, I decided to do a 100% water change, add more ammonia and start again. Between yesterday and today the ammonia has dropped from 2 to .5, so there has to be some bacteria there. I have a large bottle of Tom's that I was saving for cycling the DT, so I don't want to waste any more on this tank, $$$. Hopefully the other bottle will work on the DT, and this tank will be cycled within the week.

Chipster67

Well today I received my 5 stage RO/DI Plus from BRS... Sadly need to buy an adapter for faucet.. I also have no convenient place to hang in basement, so will have to be a temp solution until I can come up with something..

I also tested the tank with my new Red Sea reef Foundations Kit that has CA, Mag, ALK...

Ad900

Cleaned the glass off and sealed some aptasia in a tomb of superglue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zportell

In the past 18 hours, I've re-homed about 130 pounds of live rock, 36 different corals and 6 fish all into my new 250g dream tank. I also reconfigured my dual reactor, powerheads, and installed my existing LED T-5 combo light from the 100g set up to the 250g. Pictures to come soon via my thread.

jvermeulen

Premium member
Stared at it wondering why it's never clear! Also said r.i.p. to one of my black clowns :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

steveo9043

Stared at my apex watching the temp climb and climb! Have it set to 77.5-78 and it climbed to 81.5 so far.

Mobile browsing