Wojtek's Reef

Mooney190

I can't believe there is no post under this thread for wojtek's reef. Currently a basement set-up, but it's pretty awesome by my standards. He posts his phone number I his Facebook page, so you can call or text him. Hours are limited currently to Saturday, Sunday, and Monday all day, but totally worth the trip. Not for sps lovers, but he has a great collection of lps, brain/meat/scolys, and his euphylia tank is cool. Prices are reasonable too. He is off Foster and Nagel, go check it out!

MMreef

I totally agree, a lot of great stuff and good prices, i know he doesn't post here now not to cross any lines or step on somebody's toes, he inquired to be a sponsor here, not sure where it stands now, hopefully it gets resolved soon. :) . Just like post above, totally worth the trip.

johnjiang

This is pretty strange. Found this store on Facebook. Awesome photographs drew my attention and eventually made a trip over there. I live in Chicago, with my closest fish store keeps going down on their quality and up on their price, Wojtek's shop/basement surprised me in a great way. I bought three pieces during the first visit. High quality and quantity stock are hard to find now days...... It's a shame that he is not on here. Hope things can change:) I'm sure his shop is every ally gonna be more active on here, we have some great admins on here! Good luck! And have a visit to see for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rcunning8

Premium member
Stopped by wojteks reef today for my second time and picked up a sweet rainbow brain coral that I just could not resist as well as a shortcake mushroom and some dry goods. He's a really cool dude and loves to talk shop with you and is very personable. Prices on his stuff are hard to beat locally and his selection of lps, euphylia, acans, shrooms, rics, chalices, acanthophyllia, brains, torches etc are vast in type and coloration and I doubt you will be able to find more of a selection in one place locally. Check out his Facebook page at wojteks reef for some pics of his stock but that is in no way representative of what's available. Would highly recommend to all you lps lovers!!

I'm surprised that I didn't hear of Wojteks reef by looking on this site. I actually stumbled upon his store on Craigslist, followed his store on Facebook and gave him a call to see his store in person. Super cool guy and amazing basement setup. He definitely had a wonderful selection of soft and LPS corals. Great prices too! I would recommend anyone living in the Chicago area to check him out!

Arthur

I made my first visit to his place yesterday. I was really impressed. Really cool and knowledgeable guy. Great selection of Corals in several tanks.All livestock looks very healthy. Tanks are clean and well maintained. Definitely the place you as reefer should see. Give the guy a chance.

edin0009

I would like to share my experience at wojteks reef, I went there couple of time and each time I was very satisfied and completed my blasto and acan collection. He has a very nice selections especially on the LPS corals and frags with great prices.I would totally recommend wojteks reef .

RicoReef

Was there yesterday great selection lots of corals to see great quality and free stuff is a plus

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

MMreef

What's the hold on letting him be a sponsor here? I don't understand, he has a great selection of corals, great knowledge, great prices, great reviews so far, I wish more people had a chance to find out about him. :)

jrpark22000

Premium member
Take any questions on how the sponsors are run to either a new thread or pm. Leave a thread about the review of a store to just reviews.

We stopped by his place this afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised even after the many positive posts and threads I have read. His selection was nothing short of amazing, prices were actually alot less than I thought they would be and he didn't mind BSing while my son shopped. I picked up a few of the Aquaforest products as well as there salt, but I will comment on them in their own thead.

I highly recommend his shop, I wish we had something like this down South.

Rcunning8

Premium member
I would like to share my experience at wojteks reef, I went there couple of time and each time I was very satisfied and completed my blasto and acan collection. He has a very nice selections especially on the LPS corals and frags with great prices.I would totally recommend wojteks reef .
Lol "completed" your acan and blasto collection.. Lmao dude!! u are never complete in any of your coral collections. You need to go to coral rehab already Edin!!!!

york3rdbase

Premium member
Stopped by today, the corals were amazing. The layout was as impressive as the colors of the corals. Lots of premium pieces. He was awesome to talk to, and got some good ideas on how to solve some of the problems in my tank. Definitely will go back as I look to add to my coral collection.

Gone Fishing

I was just there last weekend. Great tanks, great looking corals. I really enjoyed talking to Wojtek as well. He helped me pick some beautiful pieces which look great in my new tank set up. Prices very reasonable. I'll be back soon!