Wojtek's Reef

goatous

Stopped by Wojtek's Reef today.
Awesome selection, good prices and great guy! It was a bit of a drive for me, but well worth it and will go back.
In a way, I'm glad he isn't right next door...

Kendrid

I went there today after work. His setup and amount of coral is incredible. He has more than most stores I go to. I picked up 4 really nice zoa frags, a hammer, a torch, and a war coral frag. I'll post a photo once they open up.

OwenBones

I made an account just so I could comment on how great my experience was here. Wojtek was very friendly, very knowledgeable, and had a stunning selection of corals for the best prices I have seen in the city. Easily hundreds of different LPS and soft corals. I will be back whenever I have the time or the cash to pick up some new stuff! I highly recommend checking him out.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I made an account just so I could comment on how great my experience was here. Wojtek was very friendly, very knowledgeable, and had a stunning selection of corals for the best prices I have seen in the city. Easily hundreds of different LPS and soft corals. I will be back whenever I have the time or the cash to pick up some new stuff! I highly recommend checking him out.

Hmmmm, might there be a financial reason (aka discount) for a positive review posts like this? My comment isn't for Owen, but for everyone. The time and effort to create a forum account on a page just to make a postiive review.

Let everyone be honest and post for non-profit reasons, I'll pull every reference to Wojtek otherwise.

Now that everyone who was involved in thw side conversation related to this has had the chance to answer their questions, All the OT has been removed.
As for the rest of this thread, let’s get back to simple genuine reviews. Anything else isn’t welcome here, start a new thread.

RicoReef

His tanks are stocked with coral lost of colors its like a candy shop y so much good reviews ? I think Because his available selection most LFS focus more on fish then corals i think. and his a cool guy

40G Nuvo Mixed Reef

markzydek1

Wojtek's

I visited this place today spend about $ 200 for several pieces my partner also spent $200. you'll have a hard time finding quality like this anywhere else, the guys knowledgeable,Fair, and has an awesome selection definitely worth the trip.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mrgouts

Just stopped by wojteks reef. Definitely the most stocked up LPS HEAVEN that I've been to in a while. Other then these coral swaps, you probably won't.... Check that, you WON'T find a better selection of coral around. Competitive prices too is always a plus. If you have not checked out his FB page, well... you need to. That should give you more reason to go feed the addiction we all know we don't have. I'll be going back this weekend lol.

Kendrid

The one thing I don't like is that he won't post his prices online or Facebook. He always messages the person the price. Why is that? Why not post the price so everyone knows.

98silverado

The one thing I don't like is that he won't post his prices online or Facebook. He always messages the person the price. Why is that? Why not post the price so everyone knows.
I have to agree 100%. I feel like I'm annoying when I ask prices all the time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PolackoTaco

almost all stores don't post prices online, unless they have a sale. I know it's not a store but his quality is better then a lot of stores.

It would be next to impossible to price all his stock. There would be labels everywhere on the glass. On top of that frag prices can vary greatly. My son purchased some Bambam zoas which were cheaper than some but more than others. Yumas can be fairly cheap or ridiculously expensive, its all in the colors. I have yet to be in a shop where you didn't have to ask, at least at his place you usually have his undivided attention and get answers instantly.

Kendrid

It would be next to impossible to price all his stock. There would be labels everywhere on the glass. On top of that frag prices can vary greatly. My son purchased some Bambam zoas which were cheaper than some but more than others. Yumas can be fairly cheap or ridiculously expensive, its all in the colors. I have yet to be in a shop where you didn't have to ask, at least at his place you usually have his undivided attention and get answers instantly.
He told me all of the zoa frags were $20. Is that what everyone else is told? Just curious.

carpetreef75

Premium member
maybe special people get special pricing , he has always done us very well and his pieces are KILLER
Brian

maybe special people get special pricing , he has always done us very well and his pieces are KILLER
Brian
It may also come down to what and how much your buying. I bump into very few businesses that don't offer quantity discounts. I have to be honest, if this is the worst complaint that has surfaced about this shop, he's doing pretty damn good.

goatous

I can't say on the prices of the zoa but I would be a little surprised if they all were the same price - but I didn't ask...
Most of the other things he sold had a price range depending on rarity, size and demand. And as mentioned before, if you are going to buy one thing and not spend much, I wouldn't expect a discount. If you are a buyer that is spending a little bit of money, asking for or being offered a discount isn't out of the question.
That all being said, I wish more places posted the prices so I wouldn't have to ask. I imagine it is a huge pain in the butt and would take a ton of time considering how many things guys like Wojtek carry, especially considering how the inventory changes with each shipment.