Xmoji 57 Gallon Reef Tank

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Yes pretty similar. Brings up a good question how do we prevent these types of sponges from getting into our tanks? We all take precautions and dip our coral to free frags of any pests but do coral dips not remove things like sponges or maybe unwanted algae?

I’m interested in hearing peoples thoughts of this and what can be done to prevent stuff like this in our tanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

novanosis

Close inspections and refraging is best, but just a small amount left and it will resurface. Even exposing to air is not enough. This is an invasive sponge and best thing to do is just trim if unable to toss the rock structure. Hopefully someone else has an idea.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

beetlenut33

Premium member
Good work, I wish my tank looked like this. Can you post your water test parameters, dosing and filtration details? Interested in how you are running your tank to get such nice colors.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Good work, I wish my tank looked like this. Can you post your water test parameters, dosing and filtration details? Interested in how you are running your tank to get such nice colors.
Thank you! First thing is I don’t chase numbers too much. I test weekly for Alk and CA only, trying to keep as close as possible to 8.4 and 420. I mix my own solution calcium chloride and sodium bicarbonate.

As for filtration I lean heavily on biological. I have a lot of live rock, ceramic biomedical balls and plates. I also have a lot of chaeto. I do 5 Gallon water changes weekly.

Funlad3

I don't know how I haven't commented on this thread before; great job growing things out into a mature reef! I love not being able to see the rockwork because of the coral, and you're there and then some. Great color on the SPS, too. :)

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
I don't know how I haven't commented on this thread before; great job growing things out into a mature reef! I love not being able to see the rockwork because of the coral, and you're there and then some. Great color on the SPS, too. :)
Thank you so much. It’s very rewarding remembering where I started and seeing where the tank is today.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Hey everyone! I just wanted to post some growth shots. It’s really cool looking back and seeing what has done well in the tank. Like I said before I am not a mushroom guy but this bounce is amazing!

WWC OG BOUNCE
May 2018

August 2018

PEACH MONTI
April 2017

August 2018

PINK LEMONADE
May 2017

July 2018

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

Very nice! If you ever have frags of the peach month let me know, I just lost my colony of it. Gorgeous monti that absolutely glows under blues.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Awesome growth! I love the scrolling on that monti. :)
I know! When I purchased it I thought it would just encrust in whatever was in its way but then it started scrolling couple that with the blue polyps then it started to really pop.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow beautiful tank man , nice job
Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice! If you ever have frags of the peach month let me know, I just lost my colony of it. Gorgeous monti that absolutely glows under blues.

I’ll have some soon. I closed my sale thread a while back but will start another, keep an eye out for it.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
What’s up everyone. The tank is cruising along and looking as good as ever.

Here’s a question for you all. How many fish would you put in a 57 gallon? I currently only have four. My coral are really my pride and joy. I don’t want to overstock then have a bio load issue. As some of you may know I run a skimmerless system and don’t want to tip the balance and run into issues.

Current fish stock:
Solar Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Tang
6 Line Wrasse
Clown Fish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

novanosis

Hey Xmoji,

With no skimmer what is your water change schedule?

I just bought a 75 RR. So I'll be looking for advice down the road.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk