Xzotic Aquatic World Visit - Review

Kevy792

I think I'd have asked for the salesman, the person he asked for the price, the owner and the desk girl to have a little impromptu meeting right there in the front of the store. If they won't honor the price I at least want to hear them come to a resolution on how that won't happen again in front of me. It's soooo much fun to tear up managers in front of their underlings. Xzotic is a little far from me to care, but the one time I was there it was a bit odd in general with some snail misinformation (rectified by theire little snail whisperer guy). Hopefully they get it on track and become yet another great sponsor (which they are not currently).
The salesman that told me the price and bagged my products was in the room right next to me and he agreed with me that the price he told me was different then what the paper said and he even said "well thats the price the manager gave me." but she wasnt having it and would rather me walk out to spread the word of the poor customer service than honor the price i was given.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I have a feeling that losing $10 on your deal would have been a small price to pay for the reputational damage. Personally, if someone quoted me the wrong price I wouldn't require them to honor the quoted price, especially if they said they were sorry for the mistake but unfortunately couldn't honor the price. Most LFS are running on some pretty thin margins and in this economy it's a wonder that they can stay afloat.

However, I would certainly expect a sincere apology and not..."i dont know why your making such a big deal about this,"...this is why they would lose my future business.

Triggerdood

I was in for the first time today. They had a great selection of fish imo. Alot that I haven't seen at most other lfs. I will agree that the big hispanic fellow did lack some customer service skills, but I didn't find him to be rude. I was quoted $60 for a fish, and he actually cut me a deal and gave it to me for $50. So I can't complain. The girl at the front desk was actually quite friendly and talkative. Overall, my first impression was good. I will be returning to Xzotic in the future. Here is a pic of what I came home with.View attachment 11790

Triggerdood

I've seen them go for alot more $ also. I went specifically for an angler, and when he told me $50 for this guy, I couldn't pass it up.

Triggerdood

No, I didnt. I get them for .24 a piece at another store I go to, and I had to get my pits a few kongs. So I just got them there.

Kevy792

I was told that since my review they have put new labels on just about everything so i guess my experience struck a nerve and they had a talk about poor customer service and what needs to be done. And you must have caught them on a good inventory day because for the most part clown fish and yellow tangs take up the majority of their selection.

madjoe

Premium member
I will agree that the big hispanic fellow did lack some customer service skills, but I didn't find him to be rude.
man omar is good dude lol once to get to know him always nice to me and the wife . good friend of mine just built him a 3d background for his new tank. im surprised so many people think hes rude lol. guess u gotta get to know him. i thought matt at show tank was rude when i first started going there he never asked if u needed help said hi or anything then i got to know him and found thats just how he is but when u ask him a question he more then willing to help u and answer now i think matt is one of the nicest owners at a lfs and he still dont say hi or ask if u need help lol

Bushido

I just went there and pick up some fish. I asked for bulkhead at the front desk to the girl and she told me she can't give me price so talk to guys inside. I figured coz of what happened mentioned here. Omar helped me. I figured his name is coz people work there keep telling to come here and go there. He wasn't rude but he seemed very unhappy and I had negative impression too after asking some questions about fish. But I went in 10 min before closed and he was probably on his feet all day and people are yelling at him come here go there all day. I would not be happy if I were him so I understood. Talked to one of the owners and told why I stopped buying fish there coz every fish I bought died before but it was last year. Water is not blue anymore. I see fish are all healthier now. It's because owner changed. He said they don't use copper anymore. I saw beautiful large regal angel in hospital tank I wanted so much but not for sale since its in hospital tank. I would keep eye on the facebook and go back there since it's close to my work. As long as I can get good fish I don't care. If someones rude to me I just smile and keep being nicer and nicer and ask questions and joke around until they start to smile back unless cross the line it's a different story ; )

Lmecher

I've had very positive experiences at Xzotic. I have made several purchases and been helped by the tall fellow and the older Hispanic man. They were both very nice. The older guy was very friendly and talkative as he hand caught my eel. The younger tall guy is always patient and helpful. When I purchased my angler, he gave me several ghost shrimp at no charge. I agree however that prices are confusing and often this has to be checked on. The owners daughter at the register, I find her very friendly and likeable. A few weeks ago, I accidentally forgot my DL. I walked in 2 days later and she recognized me and returned it. On my first visit I won $25. in their Saturday drawing which was terrific. I will be returning here as I really like this store. I must add that their hours are restricting since I live in Chicago.

jonh5150

man omar is good dude lol once to get to know him always nice to me and the wife . good friend of mine just built him a 3d background for his new tank. im surprised so many people think hes rude lol. guess u gotta get to know him. i thought matt at show tank was rude when i first started going there he never asked if u needed help said hi or anything then i got to know him and found thats just how he is but when u ask him a question he more then willing to help u and answer now i think matt is one of the nicest owners at a lfs and he still dont say hi or ask if u need help lol
+1.
I too like Omar and thought the exact same thing my first time at Sho Tanks