Xzotic Aquatic World Visit - Review

I wanted to share my experience with this store today. They've opened in the new location, on the bright side your feet won't get wet anymore. I called ahead and asked if they had any Blue Tangs. I was told the tiny were 34 and the small were 40ish. So I went on the trip all excited. When I got there, as usual, there were a ton of dead fish in the tanks, at various states of decomposing. The tiny Blue Tang I was going to get had red spots all over him and was about to die. They had one just slightly larger, we're talking 1/4", and I was told $60. This was the most I've ever seen for a Blue Tang that small. In the other location their prices were always great. So I asked to speak to a manager. The manager said he couldn't talk to me because he had to get to a meeting, but would call me if I left my number, which I did. Upon closer inspection, you can see most of their fish are sick. I saw Ich and bites on the Moorish Idol. Bacterial infections on a bunch of other fish, most of which look severely underfed.

madjoe

Premium member
I wanted to share my experience with this store today. They've opened in the new location, on the bright side your feet won't get wet anymore. I called ahead and asked if they had any Blue Tangs. I was told the tiny were 34 and the small were 40ish. So I went on the trip all excited. When I got there, as usual, there were a ton of dead fish in the tanks, at various states of decomposing. The tiny Blue Tang I was going to get had red spots all over him and was about to die. They had one just slightly larger, we're talking 1/4", and I was told $60. This was the most I've ever seen for a Blue Tang that small. In the other location their prices were always great. So I asked to speak to a manager. The manager said he couldn't talk to me because he had to get to a meeting, but would call me if I left my number, which I did. Upon closer inspection, you can see most of their fish are sick. I saw Ich and bites on the Moorish Idol. Bacterial infections on a bunch of other fish, most of which look severely underfed.
ive noticed lots of lfs r getting hit or miss now adays . oh well still want check out the new place . systems r probably too new and stressing the fish . that sucks I hate sick fishies

ive noticed lots of lfs r getting hit or miss now adays . oh well still want check out the new place . systems r probably too new and stressing the fish . that sucks I hate sick fishies
It's called being lazy. The list of complaints I hear are getting longer and longer with shops that used to be solid favorites. This is not a good thing.

madjoe

Premium member
It's called being lazy. The list of complaints I hear are getting longer and longer with shops that used to be solid favorites. This is not a good thing.
Oh i know i have no favorites no more now i need to stalk fish make sure they eat bring home and treat em for wverything it sucks.

harbar2

I don't get why everyone writes negative things about Xzotic, they literally just set everything up and not everything is going to look perfect. They take a lot of time into taking care of their stuff, right now because of the move they are struggling. They are doing a lot of things soon, they're setting up a brand new quarantine and hospital room. Think about before they moved there were a lot of healthy fish and systems. Just give it some time you guys want everything to be perfect when in reality it won't be like that. Not every fish is going to be 100% healthy, they came from nature and the ocean. You take them out of their natural habitat and expect them all to be perfectly healthy? It doesn't work like that, it is very hard to imitate the ocean in a fish tank. I've seen dead fish at EVERY single fish store I have been to and stressed fish. I have seen dead/stressed fish at Reefsise but no one writes about that. There's no way getting around that. And the Blue Tangs you're talking about are not small those are medium to large about 4" for $60, i went on Saturday too. And they were the same at the old location I don't understand why you would post lies to make everything about them seem negative when in reality it is not what you say it is. I'm not trying to start a fight but I can't stand when people lie on here just to make a fish store look bad and go out of your way.

harbar2

Xzotic hasn't been open for a year that's not long at all. Xzotic and global are completely different. I think everyone complains because they think it is still global.

madjoe

Premium member
Xzotic hasn't been open for a year that's not long at all. Xzotic and global are completely different. I think everyone complains because they think it is still global.
Same tanks sake workers different owners but old owners son still works there . Same place different wrapper. But i liked global and xzotics is stillnok just gotta be careful

MrDemonicAngel

Fact: new location is much smaller than the last location
my 2 cents: new systems are too new to really give a fair judgement. it does suck if they are not taking proper care and the fishes are dying.

I'll still check it out to see how they grow

harbar2

They have 3 brand new workers and only using same freshwater systems and one blue clownfish system from the old place. I talked to the owner and he said that's one reason why they moved because they don't want to be associated with global anymore. They no longer use copper either. They have a lot more exotic stuff than global had. They don't even use bio balls or dead coral that global used in the filter. They have completely changed from global and doing things completely different. Global in my opinion was ten times worse, there were always a dead fish in a tank and wouldn't trust buying a fish in the copper. Everything at global was just ordinary, you would even find dead fish on the floor, it was pretty dirty. I think underwater is a second global, doesn't Cisco work there now?

They have 3 brand new workers and only using same freshwater systems and one blue clownfish system from the old place. I talked to the owner and he said that's one reason why they moved because they don't want to be associated with global anymore. They no longer use copper either. They have a lot more exotic stuff than global had. They don't even use bio balls or dead coral that global used in the filter. They have completely changed from global and doing things completely different. Global in my opinion was ten times worse, there were always a dead fish in a tank and wouldn't trust buying a fish in the copper. Everything at global was just ordinary, you would even find dead fish on the floor, it was pretty dirty. I think underwater is a second global, doesn't Cisco work there now?
You sure do have a lot of information on Xzotic. We do appreciate you speaking up for them and sharing your unbiased thoughts though.

madjoe

Premium member
Lol hey i said i like them still. I know ialot more about them then i can even say. Like i said i liked global and exzotics and ubderwater world but u do have to be selective and qt fish from them all . If u dont u asking for trouble

harbar2

Yep I talk to the owners a lot and notice a lot of stuff whenever i make my saturday trip. My bad if i came off the wrong way, dont mean to start an arguement. Just think they always get the bad end of the stick.

greeniz2

I got to the front desk where he placed my bag on a hook and began to tell the girl sitting down what he got me and the prices for each. Now the girl wrote down everything he said on a service ticket but then takes out this huge book and double checks the prices because i guess her employees word isnt good enough. As im sitting there waiting while she flips pages and asks him what exactly things are im noticing how much she really doesnt know and is only there because shes the owners daugher. After a few minutes sure enough she looks at me and gives me a total that is 75% above what my drummer guy and the manager told me it would be. I look at her and say thats not the price i was given. So she gets on the phone and says im gonna double check with the owner...."hey dad what is the price of this crab, this guy was told this amount but the book shows this amount"... she hangs up and says "ya the owner says im right it should be this higher amount." I tell her i understand what the book says but he double checked the price and told me a certain amount and thats the price i should be given. She then does the un-nessasary and tells me "i dont know why your making such a big deal about this, we are a business that needs to make money and if i give this to you at the price they told you i would be making our wholesale price"... i didnt feel like telling her how wrong she is because little does she know whatever list she has ive seen and know how much **** really is so i simply said. Its sad that your going to sit here and lose a customer over 10 dollars and give me attitude after your in the wrong. Ill take the fish and you can put the crab back. In all honesty its not about the money and would have paid more if it was labeled correctly but having to stand there while she calls daddy and then tells me how im wrong for asking the price i was given was rediculous. She has no knowledge or reason to be there other then that shes daddys little girl..
I couldn't agree with you more. Her name is Alison and she thinks she owns that place. I have referred many people over there and I cannot tell you how many times they tell me, just by calling there, she answers the phone so rudely and because of her attitude they never went there. If that was my daughter she would be fired. Her father/owner on the other hand is very nice.

skunkmere

thats why i dont bother with wholesale places. always a disappointment. I used to like global until my friend fish all kept getting crazy diseases and conditions not to mention die after purchase. Ill stick to brick and mortor stores, and i only like one.

fishyfish22

Premium member
i went there the a few weeks ago to get a flame angel and some corals. everythings doing fine thankfully XD when i passed by the front desk to pay and leave i noticed how she seems to be rather annoyed or frustrated most of the time. bad vibes from her but other than that i liked my experience there.