Zoa/Paly Grow Out Contest: Pre-Planning

DB9181

Yeah, we're getting up there in #s but this is just people 'interested'. Obviously the final number/order of members entering the grow-out contest will be by payment.

pasphotography

just throwin out ideas that I have done in past frag growouts. Maybe grab two different colonies (one zoanthid, one paly) and give each participant two frags, one of each. Do an overall best growth on both types, then best zoa growth, and best paly growth.
Or a similar option, do one group using paly frags for growout, one group using zoa frag for growout which will work in the case of a large amount of members participating.

DB9181

Alright, we have a pretty solid list of reefers interested in participating.

Lets work on getting a colony & Fragger selected and get this ball rollin'

DB9181

Alright...

Wanna get this going, I'm willing to be the primary person running the grow out...

I am working on arrangements for a small colony of Armor of Gods - Colony has ~30 polyps so it should work out well as we have ~25 people interested. Best of all, this colony is for a great price so we can have a high payout with a reasonable buy-in.

Reference http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?12654-Armor-of-God-Zoas for colony.

As mentioned I can run this grow-out, however I do not have a wet-band saw for fragging... however I do have a dremel w/ diamond bit (if this would work).

I know that a lot of people may already have AOGs but I would like to get something going. Its more for the competition of who's grows best - and of course the $$$$.

If you are OPPOSED to AOGs please let me know - as stated price/pp is very low so most will be going to winners/etc.

Also - Will a diamond bit dremel work? otherwise anyone around Franklin Park have a wet band saw?