12 gallon JBJ Nanocube LED upgrade

misenplace101

Scotty... Do LEDs work better if it's cooler? Im still going going to install fans to be safe and just in case for the summer heat.

Reefer.. I got the 12" heat sink and it fits without cutting. The drivers are on the floor and mount it on the stand later. You are more than welcome to come take a look and get some ideas. Also check Bill out and he can hook you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotty

not necesarily 'better' just will last longer, good example is on reefledlights he has his FAQ section bill hits on that point when someone asked how close you can put them together. get a fan on the top like a CPU, and you will get 10 years out of them, if not, they will run as hot as they can, but you are killing the life of them.

the radiation transfered to the tank is so minimal, you wont increase water temperature much, if at all.

misenplace101

Just stop by bill's place and checked out his heatsinks and they are way cooler than mine so I will be adding 4 micro fans from radio shack. This should keep them much cooler and will fit inside the hood without cutting.

Twitch

Here is my old BC14 retrofit after I gutted it for the new tank

Everything fit in the old lighting cover quite nice.

misenplace101

Thanks Rich, not as great as yours.... Hopefully someday.

How have you been? We need a get together. Let me me know when you're up this way and I can stop by to see you and your bro.

Be well

misenplace101

I got them today but can't hook them up yet cause I lost my power cord.

Were you asking me about the volts?

misenplace101

The issue I'm encountering now is flow with the sps. Im running a mj900 on the return wondering if I need a 1200 with locline on a Y connector. I really don't want to put a powerhead in the tank. Any suggestions.

misenplace101

Here are some pics of the fan install.
I went with two because with the bigger heat sink it's not that hot.

I just superglued it, did not want to drill holes on the heat sink.
Sorry for the poor pics.