120 Rimless build

madjoe

Premium member
I would watch for Black bugs.. When I had my digi black bugs attacked it. Mostly attacks Digis and Montis only. I still have interceptor if you need any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah i have some and they all been treated the day after i gave it away it looked great in my buddies tank lol go figure

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Nah i have some and they all been treated the day after i gave it away it looked great in my buddies tank lol go figure
What do you thin your issue is? Everything in check?......although, I know you're not one for testing?

madjoe

Premium member
What do you thin your issue is? Everything in check?......although, I know you're not one for testing?
This was while back just telling him not to think to much into seeing the montie looking like poop . Although my tank is crashing and yes i tested and others have tested unfurtunitly had salinty issues caused by me smh

Sawdonkey

Premium member
This was while back just telling him not to think to much into seeing the montie looking like poop . Although my tank is crashing and yes i tested and others have tested unfurtunitly had salinty issues caused by me smh
Word. At least you know what the issue is. I haven't checked alk in nearly a month. I gotta get more serious about keeping things in check. Stuff can get out of wack pretty quickly.

Sorry about junking up your thread. What do you think the issue is with your digi. My theory is that I can't have all corals happy, and keeping them alive is good enough.

madjoe

Premium member
Word. At least you know what the issue is. I haven't checked alk in nearly a month. I gotta get more serious about keeping things in check. Stuff can get out of wack pretty quickly.

Sorry about junking up your thread. What do you think the issue is with your digi. My theory is that I can't have all corals happy, and keeping them alive is good enough.
I agree imo none my monties ever had good pe but all the acros did ok some zoas lived some died ines that lived didnt grow so my thought was water to clean and the monties must like dirtier water so to say. Now i have ton of fish more algae growing zoas r gowing buts shrooom spreading and monties well the ines that survuved have good pe . At least in my system it kinda proves my theory . My acros still showed great color and had growth with the dirty water though so kinda threw the sps need cleaner water crap out the window lol now if i can only mix my salt right crap will live again. Hey 10 yrs no crashes it was bound to happen I guess

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Well today it started to look way better. Yesterday was still kinda rough. Looks like it will recover. Did a wc Saturday so maybe that helped.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
It's been a while since I've updated.

Chalices

Can some one tell me what Monti this is

Interstellar shroom?

Shroom split today not sure what kind. Let's make it bounce. Hah.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
The monti looks like appleberry to me.
I have a JF apple berry that just encrust and looks a lot brighter. But now that I googled the name and it does kind of look like it. I just never seen a branching one.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice chalices . Man u need few emerald crabs u have some bubble algae going there

YE YE.. I can deal with bubble algae, better then any other algae. Its the worst right by that monti piece.. I have emerald that doesn't give a shit about them and my fox wont touch it. Ill usually take a plastic knife and scrap it while I siphon into my filter sock just haven't done it in a while.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Added a rock to the back of the scape. Need to move my digi off the sand bed. I have to figure out to mount the digi to the rock now. Using a rod has to be one of the best ways to scape.

Now how to mount this sucker.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Thanks man, No crazy acros or anything but still enjoy growing easier SPS. I've been grabbing browned out frags and looks like there is potential in some of them. Now I just need to try another higher end acro. Ill be switching over to a Calrx here soon. Kind of nervous for that. That was the plan for yesterday but chickened out and got lazy. [MENTION=3414]xj_matt[/MENTION] if you want a frag of that green digi back let me know.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Thanks man, No crazy acros or anything but still enjoy growing easier SPS. I've been grabbing browned out frags and looks like there is potential in some of them. Now I just need to try another higher end acro. Ill be switching over to a Calrx here soon. Kind of nervous for that. That was the plan for yesterday but chickened out and got lazy. [MENTION=3414]xj_matt[/MENTION] if you want a frag of that green digi back let me know.
What Calcium reactor did you go with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

sk8elenex92

Premium member
What Calcium reactor did you go with?

I was lucky and got a smoking deal on a Geo612, Reef Fanatic Regulator, Milwaukee PH Controller, and everything else to get it going. The PH controller Relay is blown but I'll be using it just to monitor the tank and use my reef keeper for controlling PH in the reactor. I am comfortable with the reactor while its running, but I am really nervous about the switch over.

My plan is to run effluent with a steady drip and just control the PH in the reactor instead of checking the bubble rate and effluent drips. It makes the most sense to me. Unless someone can give me a tip for better ways.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
I was lucky and got a smoking deal on a Geo612, Reef Fanatic Regulator, Milwaukee PH Controller, and everything else to get it going. The PH controller Relay is blown but I'll be using it just to monitor the tank and use my reef keeper for controlling PH in the reactor. I am comfortable with the reactor while its running, but I am really nervous about the switch over.

My plan is to run effluent with a steady drip and just control the PH in the reactor instead of checking the bubble rate and effluent drips. It makes the most sense to me. Unless someone can give me a tip for better ways.
I'm researching and have come across the same conclusion on running one. Steady effluent flow and adjusting pH for adjusting dosage potency. I have heard that setting it up to flow rather than drip helps ensure the needle valve doesn't get clogged but more research is needed to determine if this is the way to go

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Good luck with your cutover

That is exact reason I want to do it that way. I guess I will see. From what I under stand its pretty hard to nuke the tank if you do it this way. Just not sure where to start on the PH. Have you watched the video on the CalRX tuning by Twitch from R2R?