120 Rimless build

rockhead

The bulbs are maybe a month old now.. You think I should move the fixture down a bit?? What would you expect the readings to be around?

Matt you can rent the Chicago Reefs Par meter for free..
Let your coral acclimate a little more and maybe in a month or so drop a inch or to would like to see 300-350 at your highest point if you can get there . How high are your lights?

sk8elenex92

Premium member
The highest part of the rock work is probably about 6 inches away from the top of the water. Thats the rock on the left side of the tank.. The rock in the middle seems to get the most par.. Damn I feel like its going to fry the zoas in the sand bed if I continue moving it down.. I am going to leave it as is for now and see how things look after a month.

madjoe

Premium member
The highest part of the rock work is probably about 6 inches away from the top of the water. Thats the rock on the left side of the tank.. The rock in the middle seems to get the most par.. Damn I feel like its going to fry the zoas in the sand bed if I continue moving it down.. I am going to leave it as is for now and see how things look after a month.
Good idea

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Took ALOT of pictures yesterday since I cant leave the damn house. Sucks so bad, so damn bored stuck at home..

Tank is coming along. It is deft getting better since taking the bio-pellets off. Its been about 4 weeks now since they have been off. Cant figure out why the hell I have little patches of Cyano growing. Nitrate and Phos still at 0.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Got another leopard wrasse. He's been in the tank now for hour and he hasn't hid at all. Also feed a little rods mysis and he went after it!!! My other one didn't eat for weeks.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Picked up some new sps couple days ago. Look good so far.

strawberry shortcake. my fav.

Kickass acro on the right and red planet on left

Borealis acro.
That's what they said but no crazy polyp extension like I've seen. I don't really think it is because it has small little polyps that show.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Thanks hopefully it's a quick grower. Finally got it mounted on the rock. Stupid ass ORA plugs suck. Had to use a dremel and cut the stem off. What a *****.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Thanks! Yah I feel like stuff Is finally steady and encrusting. The other day I woke up to my slimmer inside the flower nems mouth. Took it out with tweezers and still looks great.