***1200 gallon reef***

cubanreef

Here are some updated pics, enjoy:

same filter system skimmer is easily handling the bio load
View attachment 3097

Can't even get the whole tank in the pic
View attachment 3098

All the fish have grown a lot over the past year all are healthy.... feeding them brine, pellets and lettuce
View attachment 3099

Side view, the tangs all get along and usually swim together
View attachment 3100

Top view: Adding 3 more LED modules and lowering them and then will start corals, not enough light right now
View attachment 3101

These are the newest additions, they hang out in the refugium for a while to get used to the water and then will be added to the big tank....add the fish in groups so they wont get bullied. Special thanks to Adogg for the giant Hippo tang and the unicorn
View attachment 3102

madjoe

Premium member
I have ? Can i move in that be so cool to have tank that size. Lol. Very nice one day love to c it in person

cubanreef

Just put in the 5 fish that was acclimating in the refugium and they are doing great, almost no fighting and the large hippo tang looks incredible and appreciates the extra swimming room

cubanreef

Just would like to say that my group acclimation worked a lot better than I even expected. With a could of territorial fish in the tank already I was having some trouble having fish not get bullied. The aggressive fish include two big vlaminghi tangs and a clown tang that think they run the tank. So after waiting for the new fish to acclimate and eat normally in the refugium they were ready to be added to the display tank. There should have been a lot more "fin nipping" with 2 hippos, a unicorn, and 2 nasos being added to a tank that already has at least one of them already but surprisingly after being added under the cover of darkness they were happily swimming together in the morning. Its been a few days and all the fish are eating and all the big tangs pretty much swim back and forth in a loose group. Can't wait for the next additions :)

cubanreef

Hey everyone just looking for some suggestions on how to make this tank even better fish wise. Already have a pretty good array of fish but it still seems like it is missing something. Looking for some stocking suggestions that will really take the tank to the next level. If this was your tank what is something that you would have to put in????? Thanks ahead of time for all suggestions :)

cubanreef

We had a beautiful zebra eel that was eating out of my hand but it went carpet surfing, would love to add another but they are not easy to find

MMreef

You need some small schooling fish, if it was mine tank I would put nice group of anthias ( about 100), their movement with brilliant , bright colors would add this "it" to your tank. BTW if you don't mind asking where is your car wash? I would like to stop by and see it in person while my car is being detailed. :)

cubanreef

I was considering anthias as well just looking for one that is cost effective. And yea the carwash is located at 185 Peterson rd, Libertyville