Alex's first saltwater - Nuvo 16 Build

Ad900

Put the goby and shrimp in the tank and they both sort of went their separate ways. Goby is way far in the back of the tank, and the shrimp is digging a burrow for himself right in the front. Hopefully they pair up within the next couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkullV

Ah yeah, randalli (red banded) pistol shrimp. Never heard it called a candy cane but I can see why they do! Looking good!

Ad900

Ah yeah, randalli (red banded) pistol shrimp. Never heard it called a candy cane but I can see why they do! Looking good!
Lol I just responded to you on my other post too. Thanks!!! He's busy diggin

Ad900

Bought a little clownfish today. He's been in the tank for probably an hour. He's swimming kind of strange: sort of sideways and really close to the surface. He even shoots his nose out every once in a while. Should I be concerned with his behavior?

jm23

Bought a little clownfish today. He's been in the tank for probably an hour. He's swimming kind of strange: sort of sideways and really close to the surface. He even shoots his nose out every once in a while. Should I be concerned with his behavior?

What was the salinity of the tank he came out of? Check ammonia too? When my clowns did this the ammonia in my QT was too high, thankfully they both recovered in time.

Ad900

What was the salinity of the tank he came out of? Check ammonia too? When my clowns did this the ammonia in my QT was too high, thankfully they both recovered in time.
Don't know the salinity. Ammonia is at 0. Half the time he is swimming upwards/sideways and then he swims fine in one place then goes back to the top.

tinman

Clowns are just weird like that ..

give it a few days and it should be fine ..

did you drip acclimate it ? also where did you get it from ? (asking cause some places QT them and some places just sell them the next day they get the shipment)

Don't know the salinity. Ammonia is at 0. Half the time he is swimming upwards/sideways and then he swims fine in one place then goes back to the top.

Ad900

Clowns are just weird like that ..

give it a few days and it should be fine ..

did you drip acclimate it ? also where did you get it from ? (asking cause some places QT them and some places just sell them the next day they get the shipment)
Yeah I was thinking in a few days he would be fine. Just wanted to make sure

I didn't drip acclimate. Instead I added a small amount of water every 15 minutes like 4 times.

I got him at reef city aquatics.

Ad900

People with clowns...

What do you recommend I feed my clown? I have some generic saltwater flake food that I have been using for the past couple days. He doesn't seem too like it very much but he does eat some of the small peices that float near him. Any recommended foods? My yellow watchman goby is crazy about any food I throw in the tank

SkullV

People with clowns...

What do you recommend I feed my clown? I have some generic saltwater flake food that I have been using for the past couple days. He doesn't seem too like it very much but he does eat some of the small peices that float near him. Any recommended foods? My yellow watchman goby is crazy about any food I throw in the tank
All of my fish get trained onto New Live Spectrum (NLS) Thera+ pellets. Its complete nutrition and a great staple food. Also won't cloud the water and float right into the overflow like flake. A lot of people will say you have to feed variety which I don't really agree with when you feed a good complete nutrition prepared food like NLS pellets. If you really do want to have some variety, feeding some rods food every couple of days would be a good addition and will also feed your coral.

Ad900

All of my fish get trained onto New Live Spectrum (NLS) Thera+ pellets. Its complete nutrition and a great staple food. Also won't cloud the water and float right into the overflow like flake. A lot of people will say you have to feed variety which I don't really agree with when you feed a good complete nutrition prepared food like NLS pellets. If you really do want to have some variety, feeding some rods food every couple of days would be a good addition and will also feed your coral.
What do you mean by trained?

SkullV

What do you mean by trained?
Just means they eat it. Some fish need to be taught (trained) to eat it by mixing it with other foods first or other methods. Clowns won't be a problem. They eat damn near anything.

Ad900

Do hermit crabs molt? Or is something in my tank picking off the medium sized ones.... Keep finding a bunch of bodies wedged into the rocks....

madjoe

Premium member
Do hermit crabs molt? Or is something in my tank picking off the medium sized ones.... Keep finding a bunch of bodies wedged into the rocks....

They molt just like shrimp thats how they grow