Aquatic Experience Chicago - Nov 6-8 2015 in Schaumburg

There will be several booths with frags. I can't remember anyone who was selling fish in the past.
I know Beyond the Reef had some fish for sale. They basically had pre-bagged fish that were floating in a tank. And I'm pretty sure there was a designer clownfish booth, and maybe one other booth with fish in it.

dkm

DAS aquarium last year had a large wall of freshwater fish, can't remember if they had any marine fish, saw a lot of tropicals and discus. I remember that clownfish booth, they had a ton of clowns in a couple large aquarium. Very eye catching.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Only a couple weeks away. Spent the morning ordering up promo banners, getting insurance and now planning the raffle item... :spy:

jrpark22000

Premium member

jrpark22000

Premium member
If I remember correctly from the diagram it does have the same dead space.
I was able to find what you are talking about in the usermanuals for each tank. the 20, 25lagoon, 50 lagoon all have the dead space. Wonder how much detritus will collect in there. I wanted to do a tank and stand, but the 30L combo is just too much at $650. I may have to settle on a tank only.

jrpark22000

Premium member
What are everyone’s thoughts on the giveaway item? Not only is the giveaway going to be a part of the raffle at the Aquatic show, it'll be the next giveaway for everyone here on CR.

My original thought was to try for an AIO that was as close to turnkey as possible. With the busy reefing season around the corner we'll see plenty of newcomers and there will be plenty at the show too. The more I researched AIOs, there aren’t any decent complete kits out there. Everyone seems to have a gripe about something from each kit.

My next idea was to do an AIO tank and stand. This would help someone with the big stuff, getting them a decent start. Here again, the smaller AIOs seem to be sub-par.

It leaves me considering the Nuvo 30L tank only. Instead of spending money on sub-par tanks/kits that someone will end up replacing or upgrading, I'll just spend the money on a killer AIO bare tank.

Who’d be in or what other ideas are out there?

madjoe

Premium member
Bet ya everybody would love there own par meter as a give away. I wouldnt be in as i have one but im sure plenty of people would like one just saying lol

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
What are everyone’s thoughts on the giveaway item? Not only is the giveaway going to be a part of the raffle at the Aquatic show, it'll be the next giveaway for everyone here on CR.

My original thought was to try for an AIO that was as close to turnkey as possible. With the busy reefing season around the corner we'll see plenty of newcomers and there will be plenty at the show too. The more I researched AIOs, there aren’t any decent complete kits out there. Everyone seems to have a gripe about something from each kit.

My next idea was to do an AIO tank and stand. This would help someone with the big stuff, getting them a decent start. Here again, the smaller AIOs seem to be sub-par.

It leaves me considering the Nuvo 30L tank only. Instead of spending money on sub-par tanks/kits that someone will end up replacing or upgrading, I'll just spend the money on a killer AIO bare tank.

Who’d be in or what other ideas are out there?
I would be willing to build a stand for the tank at no charge.

Joe5688

i'll bring the wife and head up there. Let me know if u need anything Josh.
[MENTION=454]maidia[/MENTION] i think u have to take us out for Pho before or after the show.