BC SPS Growout - just for fun competition

How many months should we run this contest for?

• 4 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Months

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • 9 Months

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Alright, so we have a few options! First off, to cover the overview of the competition.

1) Pick a number (1-15 for Group 1 and 1-6 for group 2). This number will hold your frag and be random for fairness which Adam [MENTION=2483]Battlecorals[/MENTION] will number for us. EXAMPLE: For Group 1 frag #3 1-3
2) Once all frags are paid for, Adam will cut and house our corals for a week or so to heal. I'll be making a trip to him for pickup. Date TBD.
3) Pickup will be in Aurora, IL. If you would like to have someone from the city or further North pick up a few to make the travel less for some of you, I am OK with this. I will need a PM with your approval for your frag to be picked up by whoever.
4) With your first Check-in, post a picture of your frag with system specs. Tank size, filtration, lighting, flow, feeding/dosing schedules, etc.
5) Monthly Check-ins with pictures and a brief update on any changes (growth, color, PE)
6) We will vote on how long the grow out competition should go for. 4-6 months TBD
7) Voting at the end from the whole community for a winner on Growth and Color (please, no photoshopping!)

PayPal Details: jmheron@hotmail.com (Jon Heron)

First Group - PC Rainbow - 15 Frags slots available - $30

http://battlecorals.com/products/pro-corals-rainbow-acro
View attachment 15095

Second Group - BC HoneyComb - 6 Frag slots available - $125
http://battlecorals.com/products/honeycomb
View attachment 15093
View attachment 15094

Once I get all the responses, I will work with Josh to start two separate Grow-out Threads. One for the PC Rainbow and the second for the BC HoneyComb.

Group 1 - PC Rainbow
1) [MENTION=3185]Sparky312[/MENTION] - Paid / Picked Up
3) [MENTION=3434]expo703[/MENTION] - Paid Directly / Shipped
5) [MENTION=21]Smitty[/MENTION] - Paid / Picked Up
6) [MENTION=158]BradB[/MENTION] - Paid / Picked Up
7) [MENTION=833]superchargedgp[/MENTION] - Paid
8) [MENTION=3414]xj_matt[/MENTION] - Paid
9) [MENTION=2981]98silverado[/MENTION] - Paid / Picked Up
10) [MENTION=1483]IHaveCrabs[/MENTION] - Paid / Picked Up
11) [MENTION=1277]jrpark22000[/MENTION] - Paid / Picked Up
12) [MENTION=1240]Joe5688[/MENTION] - Paid
13) [MENTION=2998]dgagvgeg[/MENTION] - Paid / Picked Up
14) - [MENTION=3037]Ascender[/MENTION] - Paid / Picked Up

Group2 - BC HoneyComb
1) [MENTION=2317]bretts05jeep[/MENTION] - Paid / Picked Up
5) [MENTION=2509]rockhead[/MENTION] - Paid / Picked Up

Last edited:

rockhead

I was looking at getting the hellfire if you want to do a group buy , the hellfire is $99 a frag though

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
I was hoping to do that or a multipack. We'll have to see what pricing is though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockhead

Sorry need to make a correction on the coral I wanted from BC it's called Cherry's hellboy

Tom

madjoe

Premium member
I was looking at getting the hellfire if you want to do a group buy , the hellfire is $99 a frag though
But thats split between how ever many people get in right also maybe decide how many is max people in group buys r good on small scale waiting for 20 people to get a frag would suck lol

anarchy

Let me know what coral for the grow out and i may be in. Have a few other i still have to grab from adam

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

enzo1028

Premium member
Like everyone else, I'm interested but I want to know what kind of money were looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Yeah, I might be in, even though I'm low on real estate. It would be cool if everyone did the same piece so we could compare. I'm not interested in paying shipping in one frag though (I think that's how the R2R dudes are doing it). We could have all frags shipped to one place would be the best.

rockhead

Look this over if you can find it on reef2reef to get a idea what is involved, rules regulations ect.... Battle corals donated the frags for there grow out.

Tom