ChicagoReefs.com Official Spring 2013 Paly Grow-Out Contest

DB9181

Coming down to the wire! Just afew days left... remember that there must be a visuable head/skirt for a new polyp to could and most be photographed. Final check-in pictures must be posted no later than 11:59pm on Tuesday, June 11th.

No late check-ins will be accepted

Please keep this in mind if you are trying to keep your polyp count 'secret' and post last minute... an extra 2 hours probably won't pop ya a new polyp.

In the event of a tie, it will become "sudden death", with the participant who pops the next new polyp being the winner.

William Lutman

Ok with few days to go

But I need to watch these 3 for full heads this week

When we last visited the saga of Will's frag we counted 10 polyps, really came down to 3 bumps

Now it has only been few days but lets' revisit those 3 bumps:
Clearly the 2 on the right in prior picture now have mouths and are heads = 12 heads

Now lets have a look at that third one:
Oh look there, I think that is lucky 13

So mine might open more in next 24 but all my bumps are heads gentlemen and the count is 13

DD

"Rambo"
Here's mine. Unfortunately I only have 8 full heads. Two baby bumps that'll in no way pop open before tomorrow. End of the week maybe.

I took two shots, one in position with heads open, the second I put them in front of my mp10 so they could close.

Joe5688

Fml i still haven't gained any heads simce the first 2 weeks. All my other znp growing like crazy except for this lol

DD

"Rambo"
I'm going to actually try and spot feed them for the next two growouts and see if that makes a difference. I literally fed them nothing. Just fish poop.

rako1

Premium member
So here is mine I'm going out of town and have to post now I have 9 heads the one small one wouldn't open while taking the pic but it does open with skirt and mouth lift side middle also have 3 other bumps ready to pop but cant say when good luck everyone
View attachment 15692

DB9181

Well, today is the day! The end of the Spring Paly Grow Out - As a reminder, please post your final polyp count with photo on the grow out thread (link below) no later than tonight, Tuesday June 11th by 11:59pm.

Photo must clearly show all heads - A 'bump' will could as a head/polyp if a mouth/skirt has formed - you may need a couple photos to show all your polyps.

Failure to post with photo by the deadline will result in ineligibility for winning payouts.

Current leaders:
Will: 13
Rako1: 9
Ddiomede: 8

SkunkerX

Well with still only having 4 poylps I think I dont have to post a pic, but if you really need one I can get it up later today.

DB9181

Well with still only having 4 poylps I think I dont have to post a pic, but if you really need one I can get it up later today.
No worries Steve, pics are only really required for payouts - But hey, that 3 more polyps than you started with :)