ChicagoReefs.com Summer 2012 Palythoa Grow-Out Contest

Nxt

here is my entry: (pardon my quick pictures from my phone this AM)

Tank Specs and Equipment:
60G with built-in overflow
20G Sump with fuge (only has some crushed rock)
Instant Ocean SeaClone Protein Skimmer
Hydor Koralia Evolution Pump 750 on the back right glass
Hydor Koralia 2 on left side glass
55-60Lbs of Live Rock
36' Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5 Lamp High Output Fixture (2x Blue+, Coral+ and Purple+)
Taam Rio+ 2100 Pump

Livestock:
2x Clowns
2x Fire Dartfish
1x Yellowtail Damsel
1x Yellow Eye Cole Tang
1x Peppermint Shrimp
1x Emerald Crab
Lots of snails and crabs

Food:
Flakes and Frozen Brine and Ocean Nutrition Formula Two
MarineSnow Plankton Diet

Supplements:
Kent Marine Essential Elements
Lugol's Solution
Seachem Reef Fusion 1 & 2

Placement - Sand bed for 2 days then up on live rock somewhere or frag rack, haven't decided

View attachment 5053View attachment 5054

riv

Premium member

Ok here my entry and also my first
Size 29g DT
Flow Hydor =1x 750, 1 x 550
Light= Aquapanel led 6500k
Placement =upper part of tank
Filtration = Hydor slim skim 250-65
30lbs of live rock
Coral food = Rods food, Frozen brine shrimp, cyclop eeze
Live stock =
1x clownfish
1x diamond goby
2x blue green chromis
Cuc

FishBeard

when is the duedate of first update my tank clearing up form bacteria bloom
Duedate would be 7th. Contest starts on the 1st, want to give everyone a week to get first check-in from start. Anyone that has already checked-in need not again until the 1 month mark.

FishBeard

Quick update: Frag plugs are slightly delayed, should be delivered Friday for pickup. If anyone in the area has brand new clean eshopps clear plugs available immediately, please let me know. I really wanted to have more frags ready to go for the weekend.

Cub21rak

So i got mine and been in since Sunday. Here's my info
75 gal rr dt with a wet/dry and built in skimmer
I have three k3
My light fixture unsure of the brand but it has two 250w de mh and four 65w pc
Approx 100 lbs rock
Placed frag 3/4 way up
Stock
1- sailfin tang
1- yellow tang
2- squareback anthias
2- clown fish types unknown
3- blue/green chromis
1- yellow watchman goby
1- hi fin goby
3- peppermint 1- fire shrimp

DaveWF

Got my polyp yesterday.

Size: 29 Gallon Biocube
Flow: Moderate high flow MP10es currently in a wave mode, but used to use, and may go back to Reefcrest mode
Filtration: makeshift fuge with chaeto . My tunze skimmer is currently on the fritz, but I will have it working again shortly.
Lighting ReefLEDLights.com 25 LED approx 3 inches off the water in stock Biocube hood.
Placement: high on frag rack in the same spot I won the Spring growout with! :eyebrows:
Coral food: Azox & Rods original

Prov3:5-6

30 gal long tank using 2 HOB filters with rubble in them, HOB skimmer, koralia nano powerhead and Tunze 6045 powerhead. Placed 3/4 up in medium/high flow. Running odyssea t-5 fixture with stock bulbs. (will upgrade when good selection is advised.) View attachment 5080

FishBeard

Catran to the RESCUE! She is picking up more acrylic plugs for the growout right now and will be bringing them over! More frags will be cut and ready this evening for all who are paid up!

FishBeard

Are you guys starting them way too high up under the light? Try going back to a shaded or low light area and see if they open up to catch more light.

Saledo

Are you guys starting them way too high up under the light? Try going back to a shaded or low light area and see if they open up to catch more light.

Mine was like those half opened, until I put him on the sand bed, then he opened up fully

Tethered_Limbs

mine is starting to live. but the spot where the damsel bit it looks like it may have gotten sum of the polyp itself
only open like 60% around