ElMatrix sea world.

#theMatrix

Had a leopard wrasse in observation. Got it to eat pellets flakes...i was also feeding live brine. Maybe the live brine went bad. But the leopard died after 3 weeks. This week he was going into the DT. Sucks.

The rabbit is doing great though. Might get transfered tonight.

#theMatrix

Just an update to my system.
The rabbit is in the DT after 5days of being picked on its now part of the group. Some nipping here and there for teeritory from the tangs but nothing major.

Also got my harlequin tusk out of my QT and into the DT. Took two days to establish the hierchy and my picasso triggerfish is still the big fish in the tank. Took a chunk off the tusks tail fin but gets along fine.

Ive had an LED grow light for my ats runnin for 2 months. Its grown my mangrows trees leaves but no macro on the ats...ive started noticing green algae on some rocks so i olan to go back to cfl bulbs for the ats as i got 1/8 of green algae weekly from a cfl bulb.

Also swapped my previous power heads and im now running two mp40w on opposite sides of the tank. They are amazing!

Wonder how an mp60 would work.

Well. Thanks for keeping up with my system

#theMatrix

Purchased used salt ...sold as reef. Deff instant ocean. My parame were low.
Alk was at 6.6. I dosed reg baking soda over a day and raised alk to 9.3. Brs said something like 35grams of baking soda. Worked wondefully.

So to make the transfer of my mystery wrasse smooth from QT to DT i placed other fish to soften to bullying.

The same night i placed an urchin(gary2.0 hates it) a splendid dottyback, and a diamond back goby.

Guess who took the beating? Unable to defend itself...the goby got ravaged by everyone...i attempted to save it and is in my sump(hopefully recovers and regrows its fins) i really wanted this goby because imediatly he went to work on my sandbed.
Lets see. The splendid dottyback seems like a big wuss..but can hold its own and did...the navarchus angel likes to pick on it still. Gary2.0 hates the urchin because he wants to bite but cant. So he raises his fins and swells up when he swims by it.

Brings us to the mystery wrasse. Is doing great after treeting for lympho in the QT, it did get beat up abit. The melanarus chases but its settled.

But...
Im worried about my harlquin tusk. For the past two days hes having trouble swimming. Like hes drowning swims upwards.
His anal area is swollen either hes backed up and will explode....or he has a swollen stomache and will die.

I really want him to pop what ever it is and get it over with..

Hes greedy he tries to eat a whole half inch shrimp and im sure thats what hes going to pop if he doesnt blow up. IF he makes it and passes what ever he ate i plan to cut up the larger pieces of krill/shrimp to smaller bittes.

#theMatrix

Got a txt from my wife...the harlequin tusk didnt make it. The goby also did not make it.

Im more bummed about the tusk as i was going to start treeting for a bladder issue. Assuming it was that and not dropsy or backed up and not able to pass food.

.....unsure if i will try again with one. It was a perfect size 2in and lived 3months.

#theMatrix

The mystery wrasse that was picked on..beated jumped out of the overflow into the back of stand dried for couple mins....revived then swimming with only one fin now has pop eye...i assume its popeye or some type of scratch and swollen and white cloudy.

I set up the a 25w UV for the DT to run at night at slow flow around 400gph flow.

Will feed heavy and run the UV.
Its been 2 days since i noticed the swollen eye

madjoe

Premium member
Suvks about the tusk i had one do that to was doing great but ate something that fuked it up . I tried to save it put in and actually massaged his belly everyday lol idk if it helped but took 2months before it swam right and started eating . It got so much better i should of put a cover well i didnt and it carpet surfed dammit. I blammed the blockage on shrimp i feed my eels since it was grocery store shrimp figured maybe wAs bad but still really dont know what happened weird u had sAme problem with same kind of fish . Wonder if its a common issue

#theMatrix

Suvks about the tusk i had one do that to was doing great but ate something that fuked it up . I tried to save it put in and actually massaged his belly everyday lol idk if it helped but took 2months before it swam right and started eating . It got so much better i should of put a cover well i didnt and it carpet surfed dammit. I blammed the blockage on shrimp i feed my eels since it was grocery store shrimp figured maybe wAs bad but still really dont know what happened weird u had sAme problem with same kind of fish . Wonder if its a common issue
Mine was shrimp too...i immediately knew it was the shrimo. The tusk only ate shrimp. It would literally take a whole small shrimp and take it to a corner of the tank and try to eat it whole every time and he did. But i really believe it was the shells from the shrimp as some of the frozen like rods has shells still. So now i chop up my frozen. Lesson learned. I saw two 2in tusks today at aquarium adventure $98 each as i was watching both a guy hurried and asked an employee to bag the smaller one(didnt ask to see it eat or how long its been there. He jus wanted it) i didnt get the other one because im not ready to try one too quickly..i KNEW it was the shrimp causing blockage so im doing the chopping of the frozen 1st.

The mystery wrasse? I kept reading that the eye would settle and might lose the eye. Mine lost it and is blind on that eye. He looks great other than that...his beaten fins grew back and looks so colorfull.
Funny at aquarium adventure today they also had a tiny 1in 5bar mystery wrasse for 120.

#theMatrix

So with velvet i had 20+ fish and while velvet was in system i had paid for fish and they didnt make it once arrived.
I have 5fish. The bioload has droped dramatically and my syatem shows it with white skeleton corals theyre starving. I was running a reactor and a ats but ive turned both off since loosing 3 colonies with the same issue.
Im going to start feeding more frequent smaller amounts.
I was going to concentrate on corals since losing the velvet battle. Have a kalk reactor that havent installed but nay go the pump route to a 25g kalk container and pump with a controller. Added a 3rd mp40w.
Took care of my red slime with probacter7
Will update later.

#theMatrix

Pretty much leaving the system run on cruise control.
My reef breeders crapped out the head unit makes the leds flash. I took it offline. Does anybody have any contact info on how to get them to replace the head unit.

Replaced the reef breeders with a non branded ocean revives. Basically non controlable but dimmable. Have it set to halfway will ramp up in time.

Added a 14 sps frag pack from ryan so the ocean revives were set to half way for them.

Tanks running well. The 3 mp40s are doing great. I was hoping to replacing 2 mp40 with 1 mp60 but that didnt work. Still negotiating with the seller.

New fish? In a disease controlled system? Sure.
Added 2 female blue star wrassea they didnt make it. I also added a chocolate tang who is doing great! Oh and the potters wrasse thats also doing great.

Plan to add more sps in 2 weeks.

madjoe

Premium member
Pretty much leaving the system run on cruise control.
My reef breeders crapped out the head unit makes the leds flash. I took it offline. Does anybody have any contact info on how to get them to replace the head unit.

Replaced the reef breeders with a non branded ocean revives. Basically non controlable but dimmable. Have it set to halfway will ramp up in time.

Added a 14 sps frag pack from ryan so the ocean revives were set to half way for them.

Tanks running well. The 3 mp40s are doing great. I was hoping to replacing 2 mp40 with 1 mp60 but that didnt work. Still negotiating with the seller.

New fish? In a disease controlled system? Sure.
Added 2 female blue star wrassea they didnt make it. I also added a chocolate tang who is doing great! Oh and the potters wrasse thats also doing great.

Plan to add more sps in 2 weeks.
U gonna blow the skin off the coral with a mp60

#theMatrix

U gonna blow the skin off the coral with a mp60
That went trough my mind. Im certain it can happen. My original thought was to dial it back and let the mp40s fight the flow opposite side.

As of now. Still no mp60...if i get it. It can be stored for the 180/220 upgrade :D :D

madjoe

Premium member
That went trough my mind. Im certain it can happen. My original thought was to dial it back and let the mp40s fight the flow opposite side.

As of now. Still no mp60...if i get it. It can be stored for the 180/220 upgrade :D :D
Lol i blew skin off with mp40 so yea i can happen. Im actually hopeing i can cut down to 2 mp40 and 2 mp 10 right now im 2 and 3

#theMatrix

Lol i blew skin off with mp40 so yea i can happen. Im actually hopeing i can cut down to 2 mp40 and 2 mp 10 right now im 2 and 3
2 and 2 would be great.

When ya upgrade. I got a cousin looking for an mp40 if you put it up on the bonanza.

I think an mp60 on your 180 would work well with reef crest or short wave pulse.
I think constant would rip the flesh off.

Are any of yours master/slave paired? Or all on a random mode.

#theMatrix

So. The two potters wrasse are doing great. All fish are getting along. I have a CBB in an acclimation box and i will relase it later this week. The sps are doing very well.
I picked up a HO 8bulb fixture that i will be adding more colling fans before it goes up for use. I also got a blue led bar from MJ that will be attached to the 8bulb T5.

The equipment may be used on a oceanic system at a later time. Thats on standby.

I replaced one of the mp40 wetsides to the new ones and it seems to have better spread but knocks abit during use. It seems smaller than the dry side.