Gsp reef

ITeach2Wheels

Let me know how it goes I been trying to think of what to do with a 30g tank I just got maybe I'll do something like what your doing :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
And, since it's not a reef, you could just run a simple HOB filter and LR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cubano32

Premium member

Got everything with the tank light, HOB filter, Heater so looks like I just need some live rock and sand

Smitty

Premium member
Let me know how it goes I been trying to think of what to do with a 30g tank I just got maybe I'll do something like what your doing :)

I'll definitely keep you updated.

Sent from my Note 5

Smitty

Premium member

Yep, i took the protein skimmer off that tank, and put a hob filter on there. There's also a spare mp10 on low. I'll probably add very easy softies, and gorgs.

Sent from my Note 5

Smitty

Premium member
Well yea of course lol haha.. But where can I get some saltwater gsp

You'll have to buy them as freshwater and convert them to salt. Sometimes Walmart even sales them.

Sent from my Note 5

ITeach2Wheels

Well yea of course lol haha.. But where can I get some saltwater gsp

Normal GSP's can live in salt, fresh or brackish. Think I also read that they need to have their salinity changed on occasion.

Smitty

Premium member
They're still acclimating...since 3pm. I think I'll let them go till 7 in the morning. 16hrs should be enough time.

Sent from my Note 5

labas39

I acclimated two sailfin mollies over five days to salt and now they live happily in my frag tank. I raised the salinity evenly over the course of those five days. Just take your time!

Good luck!

labas39

They're still acclimating...since 3pm. I think I'll let them go till 7 in the morning. 16hrs should be enough time.

Sent from my Note 5
The first two mollies died after an acclimation of only 24 hours but I have no clue about GSP's.

Smitty

Premium member
The first two mollies died after an acclimation of only 24 hours but I have no clue about GSP's.
Really? I did mollies a few weeks ago too, they did well in my reef tank for about 2 weeks, but i haven't seen them lately. The last time i converted puffers to salt, i only did it for about 5-6 hrs and they lived for years. I guess it all depends on the specimen. I've read tho the longer the acclimation, the better. (Fingers crossed).

Sent from my Note 5

Cubano32

Premium member
so i was doing some research and some people where taking everything out of the HOB filter and putting some LR in there you think that would work or should i just run some carbon or something like that

Smitty

Premium member
It's personal preference. I'd personally throw some carbon in there to help keep the water polished. There's enough live rock in the tank already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smitty

Premium member
On a lighter note from my reef tank issue....my puffers are doing very well. I added a third one in there (now there's 3), and they're super active. I still haven't added any corals yet, I'm looking for a par 38 bulb to put on the tank first.

Sent from my Note 5