Gsp reef

Smitty

Premium member
Knowing nothing about them, how big do they get? Pretty docile, or do they show agression?
They get anywhere between 6-7 inches and can live up to 15yrs. Although they are sold in pet stores in freshwater, they are brackish water fish. The only time they live in fw is when they are juveniles, and once adults, they prefer marine conditions. Yep, they can be aggressive, and will nip at the fins of other fish. And they will pretty much eat your cuc. Just like the larger marine puffers, they are full of personality.

Sent from my Note 5

Pfisherman

I remember buying those at Walmart when I was a kid, they took chunks out of all the community fishes I had them with.

Smitty

Premium member
I remember buying those at Walmart when I was a kid, they took chunks out of all the community fishes I had them with.
Walmart was the first place i checked when trying to buy them. But i ended up getting mine from a reputable pet store around my house. And yes, they will definitely take chunks out of passive tank mates. Hahaha

Sent from my Note 5

Smitty

Premium member
I finally got a decent light over their tank, and put a few corals in the puffer tank. Mostly gorgonians and whips. A leather, and a few other misc softies. I got a AI nano from my buddy, and it looks amazing.

Sent from my Note 5

Smitty

Premium member
I just threw a cuc in the gsp tank, and i thought the large turbo snail would be safe.

Sent from my Note 5