GugsJr 240 Cube

GugsJr

TeamCR
Plumbing is complete. The opening on the elbow is going to the COR20 which will be completed when the transfer starts. Since it's currently on the 210.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GugsJr

TeamCR
It's finally seeing water! Only going to run it til tomorrow then the rest is coming from my 210

GugsJr

TeamCR
Well the move didn't go as planned.

Dropped an Orphek in the water, tore it apart and cleaned it up with some electronic solution we make up at work.

My rock work fell apart on the move. Broke a few corals.

We will see where I go from here really frustrated and don't feel like buying more equipment.

Chad_Pedersen

Premium member
Keep your head up man, you’ve got a lot of good stuff going on there. I’m sure you’ll get there and be sitting back and admiring the tank in no time.

Let me know if you need some lights for coverage until you figure out next steps. I think I’ve got two (maybe 3) black boxes in the basement. Think they are about 125w, more than welcome to take them if you need something in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GugsJr

TeamCR
Keep your head up man, you’ve got a lot of good stuff going on there. I’m sure you’ll get there and be sitting back and admiring the tank in no time.

Let me know if you need some lights for coverage until you figure out next steps. I think I’ve got two (maybe 3) black boxes in the basement. Think they are about 125w, more than welcome to take them if you need something in the meantime.

Thank you might take you up on that spoke to the main guy at Orphek they ate going to ship me out a new pc board, led board and fans. I just swap them out into the old housing and I'm good as new. Also getting 2 48" OR Bars.

So I will have 2 OR Bars, 2 Orphek Compacts and 4 T5s.

Hello ComEd...lol

man that sucks .. where did you move to ? sorry if i wasnt following the thread ..
I didn't move just upgraded tanks

GugsJr

TeamCR
Aquascaping done.

Mounting lights tomorrow, adding the sand back in and then gluing down the misplaced frags

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Sorry to hear man. I bet the Orphek guys would sell you the parts you need to get the fixture working. If it doesn’t work, it’s probably just the board/brains that’s bad? Since the power supply is external, there aren’t many parts that could go bad?

Do you know James at Orphek? He’s in Michigan. Or even Ofir in Germany I believe who I think owns the company, have both been really responsive and helpful to me.

You’ll get over this.

Edit: Posted on min after you, so the above sounds irrelevant.

ESH

Premium member
o man, crazy to hear that happened. Sounds like you are quickly making the progress you need to get back on track! Everyone gets set backs, just keep pushing forward!

Chad_Pedersen

Premium member
Thank you might take you up on that spoke to the main guy at Orphek they ate going to ship me out a new pc board, led board and fans. I just swap them out into the old housing and I'm good as new. Also getting 2 48" OR Bars.

So I will have 2 OR Bars, 2 Orphek Compacts and 4 T5s.

Hello ComEd...lol

I didn't move just upgraded tanks

Cool just let me know. I’ll be around during the day today but have class tonight downtown. Thur I’ll be around during most of the day.

Mjl714

Ouch, sorry to hear about the wet light. I’ve got one of the original Maxspect Razor 24” lights you’re welcome to use.

GugsJr

TeamCR
Cool just let me know. I’ll be around during the day today but have class tonight downtown. Thur I’ll be around during most of the day.

Ouch, sorry to hear about the wet light. I’ve got one of the original Maxspect Razor 24” lights you’re welcome to use.
Thank you both. I ordered 2 Sky Blue OR Bars from Orphek with the rebuild kit. The new rebuilt light will go on my 34 Redsea Max 130D little over kill but at least I'd be able to adjust them all.

So I will have this setup in my canopy. Not to scale obviously :lol:

View attachment 26364

carpetreef75

Premium member
Well the move didn't go as planned.

Dropped an Orphek in the water, tore it apart and cleaned it up with some electronic solution we make up at work.

My rock work fell apart on the move. Broke a few corals.

We will see where I go from here really frustrated and don't feel like buying more equipment.

U may be able to trade someone frags for lights and get ya up and runnin again .. Craigslist is your friend
Bryan

GugsJr

TeamCR
U may be able to trade someone frags for lights and get ya up and runnin again .. Craigslist is your friend
Bryan
Doubt anyone is selling Orpheks. I'll be selling frags for cash nwcr week after I get it all back together