guns!

DD

"Rambo"
I received my license in the mail on Monday and of course had to leave town the next day for work. Just got back and will be packing starting tomorrow and every day going forward.

We are taught in law enforcement that you should only shoot in defense of life. While per ILCS we might be legally allowed to use deadly force in these above scenarios, you will have a hard time justifying killing someone committing a burglary (now a home invasion is different) and a few of the others. If you batter a police officer technically that is a forcible felony, but just because a criminal punches a police officer doesn't give that officer the right to kill him. Keep it simple: Defense of life only, including when you are in your house. Regardless if you are justified or not, get ready to be sued by the family or survivor. Sometimes it is better to be a good witness to a crime then to try and prevent it. Just my .02 cents
I would take my chances and protect my family & loved ones ,if they come thru my locked doors there going down !!!!!

jm23

I would take my chances and protect my family & loved ones ,if they come thru my locked doors there going down !!!!!
That is what a home invasion is, using force or the threat of force to enter a residence knowing someone to be inside (I would have to double check the ILCS, but I believe those are the elements of that crime).

I noticed in the previous post that many of you here have guns or collect guns. I only have one small 22 caliber rifle. I am moving out soon and would like to purchase a handgun before I do. I was planning on going to a gun show to get a cheaper gone. Do any of you guys know the best way to get one and where I can find gun shows. Are there any other alternatives to going to a gun show besides going and paying a lot of money for a new gun at the store. Also what kind of handgun would you recommend as a first gun. I do have my foid card of course. Thank you for your help.
Sunday March 16 Mattoon il 800+ guns up for auction ,let me know if you need more info

Twitch

Ah yes guns, guns, and more guns.... We need to set up a range day out at sycamore sportsmans club. I just recently did some smothing work to the trigger on my S&W Sigma and need to try it out.

bryman

Yup, just waiting for the permit. Didn't fork out the cash for the prints so I have to wait longer.

- Bryman

derrickaustin

I got my ltc in Indiana but I live in Illinois now wonder I would have to do get it here but i want to keep my Indiana license cause Indiana's Ltc is accepted in most states

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Gary

I got my ltc in Indiana but I live in Illinois now wonder I would have to do get it here but i want to keep my Indiana license cause Indiana's Ltc is accepted in most states

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Become a resident, get a IL Drivers License, Get a FOID, depending on previous training, either Military DD Form or a NRA Basic Pistol, you will still need the second class, and if you don't have the ones mentioned prior then you will need to take 16 hours of classes.

FiReBReTHa

I had to touch up ronald's rifle, I took her back out to get sighted in and tested.
200y IPSC sized steel

[video=youtube_share;_GA_2gcwbSs]http://youtu.be/_GA_2gcwbSs[/video]

If I had a bipod on her I REALLY would have made her sing.

Inocense

Looks like a blast Rick!

I still have to get that trigger mod for my Shield!. Now that I am carrying I should look into that soon.