Here I Go Again

fishyfish22

Premium member
It's small I wish they would have at least put a screw loop on the top like the Jebao pump controller

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
If you want a really nice alternative to velcro, this is what I use

It works really well and doesn't give you the issues velcro does like worn out fuzz and not working when wet. plus no "crap, i lost/had to replace one side now I need a new velcro strip and it'll forever be uneven"

oceanfreak09

Have you thought of protecting your switches on the side of your stand with some type of water diverting cover in case water drips/ runs down the side? Looks great by the way!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpdan

Premium member
Have you thought of protecting your switches on the side of your stand with some type of water diverting cover in case water drips/ runs down the side? Looks great by the way!!!

No, I didn't really think about that. It's a great idea maybe I will do something with some caulk and trim around that side. Thank you

oceanfreak09

No, I didn't really think about that. It's a great idea maybe I will do something with some caulk and trim around that side. Thank you

No problem. Nice build thread!

dvanlier05

Finished up the stand minus a few mounts for the skimmer controller pump controller and nero controller. Also, finally got the rodi unit mounted.

Looks great. I love having my DJ strips like that.

Mjl714

The shop I bought it from was expecting it 2 weeks ago. They did not receive it and they/I don't know when it is coming in.

I hope it arrives real soon, you look all ready to start it up.

Looks awesome! How do you like those DJ power strips? Thinking of doing something like that as well.

Nice job on the stand too!

Waiting for tanks is soooo hard!

Mpdan

Premium member
Looks awesome! How do you like those DJ power strips? Thinking of doing something like that as well.

Nice job on the stand too!

Waiting for tanks is soooo hard!

I really like the way they look on the stand. Now that I have them installed I am wondering if they would have been better off installed in a separate cabinet. I may have to make like an L shape shelf to hide some cords. I know waiting here.

Mpdan

Premium member

Now you have me thinking I didn't do enough in the stand build for cord management. Do you have any recommendations? I think I might build a box with a door on the outside but have no clue what to add to the inside.

Mpdan

Premium member
Well got an update that I should be getting the tank early March. All this waiting has given me time to second guess what I have going on equipment wise. I have decided to return the pump as it only works in pulse/wave and not constant. Also, anyone have any ideas if 2 hydra 32s will be enough to not be limited or should I add a 3rd. The tank is 48x24x16

Well got an update that I should be getting the tank early March. All this waiting has given me time to second guess what I have going on equipment wise. I have decided to return the pump as it only works in pulse/wave and not constant. Also, anyone have any ideas if 2 hydra 32s will be enough to not be limited or should I add a 3rd. The tank is 48x24x16

BRS has the recommended spread at 24x24x24. Especially since your tank is shallow at 16 inches you could raise them a little higher than normal for better spread and still have enough par since you’re not penetrating that extra 8” of water. I think BRSTV did an in depth video on the Hydras and their spread and optimum mounting heights.

Mpdan

Premium member
BRS has the recommended spread at 24x24x24. Especially since your tank is shallow at 16 inches you could raise them a little higher than normal for better spread and still have enough par since you’re not penetrating that extra 8” of water. I think BRSTV did an in depth video on the Hydras and their spread and optimum mounting heights.
Thanks I will look for the video. My original thinking was the same with the shallow tank. Just second guessing everything now haha