Here I Go Again

Mpdan

Premium member
Well after a long summer of not doing anything with the tank I think I finally have the plumbing done. First time using pvc hoping to start filling tomorrow for a leak test if it leaks I guess I'll be going back to the good old tubing/ hose for plumbing lol.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Mpdan

Premium member
Well after a long summer of not doing anything with the tank I think I finally have the plumbing done. First time using pvc hoping to start filling tomorrow for a leak test if it leaks I guess I'll be going back to the good old tubing/ hose for plumbing lol.

I hope this isn't premature, it's only been about 30 minutes, but so far no leaks.

Mpdan

Premium member
No leaks. Finally filled, equipment set up, water warming to add salt and live sand. I think I like the aquascape for now. Does anyone have an opinion on power heads being on the sides or the back wall of the tank?

Cubano32

Premium member
No leaks. Finally filled, equipment set up, water warming to add salt and live sand. I think I like the aquascape for now. Does anyone have an opinion on power heads being on the sides or the back wall of the tank?

Awesome job I have a deep blue 80 rimless that I'm in the process of setting up and now looking at your build it's giving me the kick in the ass I need to get going lol.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Mpdan

Premium member
I waited so long to get this tank and could not wait to get it going. Then I got it and didn't really do anything for it over the summer. Now I am just taking my time setting it up trying to make it just the way I want it. It is kind of nice not rushing the process haha.

Cubano32

Premium member
I waited so long to get this tank and could not wait to get it going. Then I got it and didn't really do anything for it over the summer. Now I am just taking my time setting it up trying to make it just the way I want it. It is kind of nice not rushing the process haha.

I been trying to decided how I'm going to plumb my tank I may have to take some of your ideas here lol

Mpdan

Premium member
I been trying to decided how I'm going to plumb my tank I may have to take some of your ideas here lol

I will say right now I am having some loud bubbles in the sump from the drain. I did put in 3 valves to add equipment later ie gfo reactor.

Mpdan

Premium member
Got the salt in the tank today. Now I am having an issue with the overflow flushing wasn't having this issue yesterday. It is stock reef ready 1 inch drain with durso pipe. I have the return pump throttled all the way down and have closed the ball valve a bit and this seems to have helped so far. The pump I have is 5000L/h and it's set at 30% so I am guessing about 390gph.

Smitty

Premium member
Got the salt in the tank today. Now I am having an issue with the overflow flushing wasn't having this issue yesterday. It is stock reef ready 1 inch drain with durso pipe. I have the return pump throttled all the way down and have closed the ball valve a bit and this seems to have helped so far. The pump I have is 5000L/h and it's set at 30% so I am guessing about 390gph.

Do you have the return pipe under the water level in your sump? If it is, that's a reason why it would do that constant flushing. There's no oxygen in the pipe for the water to flow freely because it's under water. I hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk