JC Red Sea Reefer 350

ninjamyst

Premium member
Quick update. Added some corals from Black Friday shopping. Added two snowflakes from my nano tank. They LOVE swimming everywhere and playing in the current.

Ghetto mounted AP700 with cardboard to hold it over the tank. Terrible coverage since it's right on the water surface. Hopefully the tank mounts should arrive soon.

rockhead

Wow slick , I would like to know what kind of par your getting if you ever have get a chance . The light looks so even I'm impressed

Tom

ninjamyst

Premium member
Wow slick , I would like to know what kind of par your getting if you ever have get a chance . The light looks so even I'm impressed
BulkReefSupply's latest video compared all major brands of LEDs and concluded the AP700 has the best spread / coverage. They have PAR measurements in the video too. They were very impressed by the AP700.

rockhead

oh man .. i love it .. i l0ve the kessils even more now :)
[MENTION=2509]rockhead[/MENTION] .. kessil never would show correct par readings .. mainly cause of the dense matrix blue chips i think ....
I will be keeping tabs on this tank for sure.

Tom

tinman

BulkReefSupply's latest video compared all major brands of LEDs and concluded the AP700 has the best spread / coverage. They have PAR measurements in the video too. They were very impressed by the AP700.
i think kessils only problem is with the shadowing .. and now with AP700 they took care of that issue it seems :) Kessil tha best ..

ninjamyst

Premium member
i think kessils only problem is with the shadowing .. and now with AP700 they took care of that issue it seems :) Kessil tha best ..
yea, it's pretty crazy when they showed the PAR readings for the A360 compared to AP700. A360 had a spotlight effect while the AP700 was even spread.

The reefer

The tank looks awesome! Can't wait to see it filled up. But do u have to have the light so high? Do u think you'd be better off with 2 fixtures for a complete full light coverage. I don't really know anything for this kessil.

ninjamyst

Premium member
The tank looks awesome! Can't wait to see it filled up. But do u have to have the light so high? Do u think you'd be better off with 2 fixtures for a complete full light coverage. I don't really know anything for this kessil.
They recommend 15-18" above the water line for 48" coverage. Mine is 17" right now. I will probably lower it to 15" soon. A big draw of the AP700 for me is to eliminate the need for 2 separate fixtures with 2 separate power supply / cables and keeping them in sync.

And keep in mind that I am just using the onboard controls for color and intensity. Once the Android app is released, I get full control of all the colors.

tinman

let me put it this way :) that light is too much light over any tank less than or equal to 24inches wide :) ( or i would have gotten rid of my radion and went for one of these already ;) )

i think he can lower it down but def not need 2 of them :)

its only 28" depth, but i did shoot them an email, lets see if they respond.
Kessil is usually pretty good with responding. I've emailed them a few times about what lights to get for different scenarios and they always respond pretty quickly with great info.

The reefer

They recommend 15-18" above the water line for 48" coverage. Mine is 17" right now. I will probably lower it to 15" soon. A big draw of the AP700 for me is to eliminate the need for 2 separate fixtures with 2 separate power supply / cables and keeping them in sync.

And keep in mind that I am just using the onboard controls for color and intensity. Once the Android app is released, I get full control of all the colors.

The reason I asked is cuz in the picture it looks like You have a lot of light spill outside the tank. It might just be the pic though. IMO that would bother the heck out of me. Yes one fixture will cover a 48" tank but then u have the light so high. If someone were to buy 2 for a 48" tank would they still need to have them that high?