Jerks Build Uncensored....kind of

DJE

Nice! Come over the house and get bored there:) Is that a full spectrum led bulb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayjerk

Premium member
Not sure if it's a direct result But since I've add my t5 color on my stuff has gotten better. Now only if I had patients to deal with this flipping camera I'd show some pics that would explain.

The reefer

Nice stuff jay. The T5 does help coral color imo. I'm happy I switched from a radion to 6 bulb t5. Also nice ats build. I will b building one in a couple weeks also. But I saw a video on YouTube and someone was using a par bulb on it. I think one problem it has is that the leds spotlight so if u have it close u don't get enough light on all the screen. U would need to use more bulbs. If I can find the video I'll post it

jayjerk

Premium member
Ok. So as some of u know. I shut it all down. In the process I was able to hook up some guys that looked out for me early in my reef life and met many new people from this box. To all of you thank you very much for your contributions.

We got into new place settled down a bit and now the new drama show begins.

Introducing Jerk 2.0
View attachment 12987

So we decided to go with a 40 breeder. Which ended up being a problem. I bought a breeder from (big ups to) [MENTION=814]tinman[/MENTION] and on my way home cracked it...so after a lot of wtf & fml I got online to find another. Came across petsmart got a new breeder for $32..SOLD!!!

Next day picked it up and began the plan. I decided this bad boy need to be drilled asap. So with more help from my boy Joey crack [MENTION=1217]madjoe[/MENTION] I was able to get the info and tools I needed to make this happen

View attachment 12988

As you can see I went a little crazy drilling holes. I decided on a super low profile 21.5" overflow box (thanks crack) that imo looks bad ass. I drilled staggered 1" holes to hook up my rendition on a bean animal drainage system. Also have dual 3/4" return set up ready to go.

Be for I did all that I used high quality 5% window tinting to blacken rear glass

View attachment 12989

Sump is nothing special as most of you know I now like to keep it simple. I'm running my old 24x12x14 Amiracle sump. With an old school euro reef rs100 skimmer powered by a sicce sk200 and I haven't decided on a return pump yet. Will likely be my jebao dc9000. Forgot to mention I did a little manipulation to the sump...lol...enjoy

View attachment 12990
Also thanks to [MENTION=1152]chewal[/MENTION] I now have a dp4 doser to replace my marine magic doser. So no more manual dosing for me as I can now automate everything I use. Very excite..lol..

Also thanks [MENTION=1831]Tkroll0321[/MENTION] for the stand and other things you hooked me up with. don't believe I'm going all out on finishing this stand as I have on my last few. Don't wanna put that time in this time. Not sure how I'm going to finish this one yet. Might just cover it in canvas and let the kids color all over it cause chances are they going to do that anyway...smh stupid kids..Side note u guys need to get down to his corn maze. It's a great time
That's all for now

Last edited: